• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Meds to help physical issues after smoking

AeroIncog

Greenlighter
My BFF of 40 years started smoking meth about 18months ago, she says she was up to 2 8 balls a month but has weaned herself down to a grams or so per month now.. she WILL stop. I know she can do it because years ago she had a pos dr give her oxy & fentanyl for about 5 years after an injury, she got on sobixone all on her own then when she saw they weren't wearing her off the Suboxone, she weaned off it herself and she's 5yrs+ off opiods. She has a lot of willpower. She started this meth junk after drs stopped prescribing her phentermine, she used it for weight maintenance and energy after losing over 100lbs on her own, she is also the only 24\7 caregiver for a parent with Alzheimer's and she's self medicating with the meth. She's actually gained some weight back and doesn't have the energy she thought it would give her. Anyways, I'm trying to help her, she's noticing some issues and refuses to go to the Dr for any problems until she's clean, she's afraid they'll take her parent away if she's using. She's hearing some wheezing and mild shortness of breathe, her spo2 is 90-92 usually. and she has some phlegm in the mornings. She's a non smoker but she uses a vape with the lowest tobacco free nic content, 3mg, (I use the same mg & have no phlegm). She says she smoking with a water pipe which is better than a real pipe, whatever that means. Plus, her leg calf on 1 leg and the ankle on her opposite leg were swollen, her calf even "weeped" for 1 day but they're noticeably better now. I got her a dieuretuc and triangle cushion to elevate her legs. I'm assuming her legs are a vascular restriction or circulation issues, I'm more concerned with her mild wheezing. I've already bought her diuretics, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin e & an exphorant called Guaifenesin. Do you have any recommendations, OTC or prescription meds, or other methods I'm not aware of that meth users do to offset the side effects of the drug? Thank you very much for your help.

My BFF of 40 years started smoking meth about 18months ago, she says she was up to 2 8 balls a month but has weaned herself down to a grams or so per month now.. she WILL stop. I know she can do it because years ago she had a pos dr give her oxy & fentanyl for about 5 years after an injury, she got on sobixone all on her own then when she saw they weren't wearing her off the Suboxone, she weaned off it herself and she's 5yrs+ off opiods. She has a lot of willpower. She started this meth junk after drs stopped prescribing her phentermine, she used it for weight maintenance and energy after losing over 100lbs on her own, she is also the only 24\7 caregiver for a parent with Alzheimer's and she's self medicating with the meth. She's actually gained some weight back and doesn't have the energy she thought it would give her. Anyways, I'm trying to help her, she's noticing some issues and refuses to go to the Dr for any problems until she's clean, she's afraid they'll take her parent away if she's using. She's hearing some wheezing and mild shortness of breathe, her spo2 is 90-92 usually. and she has some phlegm in the mornings. She's a non smoker but she uses a vape with the lowest tobacco free nic content, 3mg, (I use the same mg & have no phlegm). She says she smoking with a water pipe which is better than a real pipe, whatever that means. Plus, her leg calf on 1 leg and the ankle on her opposite leg were swollen, her calf even "weeped" for 1 day but they're noticeably better now. I got her a dieuretuc and triangle cushion to elevate her legs. I'm assuming her legs are a vascular restriction or circulation issues, I'm more concerned with her mild wheezing. I've already bought her diuretics, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin e & an exphorant called Guaifenesin. Do you have any recommendations, OTC or prescription meds, or other methods I'm not aware of that meth users do to offset the side effects of the drug? Thank you very much for your help.

Na R-Lipoic Acid is quite helpful in combating the toxicity of methamphetamine. It also has noticeable effects right off the bat, increased energy etc. The brand I prefer is, "Doctor's Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid with BioEnhanced Na-RALA" brand, which can be found on amazon etc, and is inexpensive.

But If her SpO2 is chronically in the low 90s she should see a doctor. Or at least stop smoking things. Switching to oral meth is a good choice, which actually had superior effects to smoking in my opinion (the problem is, many people get addicted to the process of smoking meth). But oral meth actually feels better and is far better for energy, etc. And plus, she wouldn't be impairing her lung function further, which doesn't sound great based on those SpO2 readings (especially if 90-92% is her average reading).