• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Medications to ease meth hallucinations, or possibly completely get rid of them?

Raillery

Bluelighter
Are there any drugs that can ease/get rid of hallucinations (eg bugs, people who aren't there, etc., after a semi-meth-binge? Thanks in advance for any help and information. Much obliged!

If you are experinceing said symptoms, then I would highly suggest seeing a psychiatrist. The drugs that may ease these symptoms are antipsychotics. I do not no if certain antipsychotics are more aimed at treating hallucinations. Seroquel is a commonly prescribed antipsychotic.

Short term treatment and reduction of psychosis in hospitals is treated by IV'ng lorazepam (ativan). Full blown psychosis with hallucinations usually 2mg....lesser delirium and to lower blood pressure ususally 1 mg IV. Some hospitals might have other benzo's like valium.

Had similar experience by staying up for 3 nights studying on adderal and then went bonkers.
Had friend drive me to ER where they gave me 2mg ativan and pure oxygen. Still wasnt the same normal person after but I took the test that same day at 5pm and got a 88%

LOL!

When you start to regularly take benzos for paranoia and neuroleptics to get sleep you've become a proper methhead

Get some sleep...these things should go away after a good solid sleep. If you have these issues when you're not high you prob need help.
I don't use any meds to fall asleep and I make sure I force food and liquids down. I don't use enough to stay up days on end though.

it was awful when I had hallucinations even when off crack for months. i didn't even know i was seeing people that weren't there. The images crept up on me and i was trying to convince everyone they were real and I wasn't lying. This lasted 3 months or longer-- like i said, it crept up on me-- until I landed in the hospital for serious OD for a week.

Just to specify, I'm not hallucinating right now and haven't for awhile. I'm just asking because the last time I did meth in large amounts (kind of, only half a gram) I hallucinated people and thought bugs were crawling all over my legs, the bugs were the worst. It pretty much ruined my time, which otherwise would have been amazing obviously.

I'm just asking because the last time I did meth in large amounts (kind of, only half a gram) I hallucinated people and thought bugs were crawling all over my legs, the bugs were the worst. It pretty much ruined my time, which otherwise would have been amazing obviously.

Well those are common side-effects of large consumptions of methamphetamine or binges. lol

You could take some benzodiazepines. Any in particular. If that doesn't work than maybe some Seroquel or other related anti-psychotics.

Maybe you just need some time off drugs. something outside, a trip, spend time with friends or family for awhile. no meds or drugs..sounds like thats what got you here in the first place. so logically any drug you use will exacerbate those symptoms in the long run. just ignore the bugs, people, etc.

SERIOUSLY... don't take Benzos while doing Meth to combat the side effects, Just do less meth!
It doesn't make sense to get absolutely jacked just to have to take something to come back down! Plus speedballing like that is dangerous and hard on your heart!!!

and if you still experience those side effects during the first day on a moderate dose, DON'T FREAKIN DO METH. Your brain obviously doesn't agree with it...

SERIOUSLY... don't take Benzos while doing Meth to combat the side effects, Just do less meth!
It doesn't make sense to get absolutely jacked just to have to take something to come back down! Plus speedballing like that is dangerous and hard on your heart!!!

and if you still experience those side effects during the first day on a moderate dose, DON'T FREAKIN DO METH. Your brain obviously doesn't agree with it...

>benzos
>meth
>speedball

what?

Also, I've never heard any real evidence of benzos and meth being hard on your heart. Benzos are often prescribed alongside CNS stimulants. I fail to see the problem with using them for a meth comedown.

I'm just assuming that any upper/downer combo would be difficult on your system.

Meth is hard on your heart ALONE. Especially if you are high enough to experience hallucinations. We're not talking about rx stimulants here. I don't know how CLEAN the meth being used it. Dirtier meth causes more anxiety and elevated heart rate.

Plus it never hurts to be careful.

plus at first they said.. for use AFTER a semi-binge. (which I wouldn't see the harm in)

then in the second post referred to looking for something to ease the side effects while high? mixing two things, one to undo the effects of the other doesn't make sense to me.

I'm just assuming that any upper/downer combo would be difficult on your system.

Meth is hard on your heart ALONE. Especially if you are high enough to experience hallucinations. We're not talking about rx stimulants here. I don't know how CLEAN the meth being used it. Dirtier meth causes more anxiety and elevated heart rate.

Plus it never hurts to be careful.

I was always under the impression that the hallucinations were due to staying up for prolonged amounts of time, not the strength of the high. But I could be wrong. I've only done meth once.

What I said though, about the benzos not causing any extra strain on the heart, stands. Upper/downer combos are generally dangerous for different reasons, usually pushing too far in one or the other direction, things like that. Combining downers is actually far more dangerous.

So perhaps... downers with meth could actually reduce stress on the heart?

I've always experienced any hallucinations on day 3 and NO sooner. and I've always promptly (as possible) gone to sleep. I guess, Raillery, clarify at what point you experience problematic hallucinations? A lower dose could allow you to enjoy the experience longer while still keeping you up...

I've been told by a few people that sleep deprivation beyond 3 days is slightly brain damaging. Though to what extent if any, I have no idea. It makes sense to me since it seems like EVERYONE i know doesn't experience any hallucinations until at least day 3... some people find them pleasant, others don't. Plus I think that with some mental discipline the extent of these hallucinations can be controlled to a degree. Other people may beg to differ, but I believe that much more is in our control that we often believe.

What you experienced is normal for many people on meth. The cure is sleep or less meth. If I experienced more of these effects I might actually be able to quit. I don't get the bugs and its been a long long time since I let myself get into psychosis. Know your limit if you insist on still using and you may find you don't need meds.

The lack of sleep adds to the susceptibility of said illusions also, well rested mind would handle such mind games a bit better...I thought i had gnats but I could never catch them, friends, family And google search had me thinking so also with that delusional bug syndrome til I got pissed at google search and typed 'f off, I'm not f'n crazy, where are these gnats coming from...and what ya know in the middle of all the ghost gnats was one article about fungus Fanta, yeah never heard of them, and it took me right to the potted plant with old top soil that was infested with gnat larvae....eww, and hell yeah, screw yall knew I wasn't nuts...then I got super hacked and they thought I was crazy again, til apple had to admit it :D