View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Medication Interactions with LSD

JanuaryEmbers

Greenlighter
I recently tried LSD and it did not work due to my medication. Let’s say I wanted to make an unwise choice and go off it and try LSD again, which meds do I need to go off and for how long beforehand? These are the meds I’m currently taking:
Propranolol, bupropion, olanzapine, rexulti, Latuda. I also take melatonin but I doubt that would be an issue?

I genuinely don't know. I'm more familiar with SSRIs and the way they interfere with psychedelics. It's my understanding that olanzapine, rexulti, and latuda are all antipsychotics. I don't know how long you have to discontinue them before LSD would be effective. Presumably less time than SSRIs.

That's a lot of meds... I'd honestly want to get off all of them before tripping again. And if you truly require them for stability, then you should probably give up on psychedelics to be honest. It's my understanding that some anti-psychotics can take weeks to be out of your system.

Yes, antipsychotics can kill your trip. I don’t think its safe to discontinue them for a washout period. Depending on why you’re taking antipsychotics, psychedelics may not be the right substance for you.

Hate to say it but I agree with the above posters. Even if you did taper off all the anti psychotics, psychedelics can definitely wreak havoc on the mind I've seen them put people in permanent psychosis a few times.

If you do attempt to do this, my advice would be to tell a very trusted person you're stopping the antipsychotics before you do. That extra outside perspective could help you out.