• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Medical Marijuana and Concealed Carry Permit

PerfectoPLease

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

Several months ago I acquired my 215 card on Venice beach while in California. I only got the license for one month, solely so I could indulge legally while passing through California. Since then, I have actually had to give up smoking marijuana due to the fact that the industry which I will soon be entering is zero tolerance to any kind of drug use. I never really thought I would quit smoking, so getting my Concealed Carry Permit was never something I considered because the state where I live concealed carry in the vehicle is totally legal, and I heard something about having a CCP and getting a charge that would otherwise be a misdemeanor would automatically become a felony due to the CCP.

SO, now that I don't smoke, and will be required to travel to many different states for my new career, I am now interested in having a CCP. If anyone out there knows any of the ins and outs of this issue, I need some information. I do know a friend from Oregon is a licensed grower, and he has his CCP, so Im really not sure of how this all works. I am hoping that since my 215 card is no longer valid, I wont be prevented from getting the CCP.

I would like to add, I hope no one gets the wrong idea here. I am (or was) both a responsible marijuana user AND gun owner. The two have no relation, I am not trying to get the CCP because Im a big time drug dealer or anything like that. I simply believe that the world is an increasingly dangerous place, and when seconds matter, the police are generally several minutes away.