• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Medical help needed, I am not sourcing I’m just out of ideas on what to do

Young n inebriated

Bluelighter
Let me start off by saying I am not addicted to opioids whatsoever, but my wisdom teeth are completely fucked and apparently i’ve got nerves wrapped around them and I was told I need to see an oral surgeon and that I need real general anesthesia, and not regional anesthesia

the mix they tried to give me didn’t put me to sleep, I halfway blame that on my benzo tolerance

my insurance won’t cover anything I can’t tell you how long I’ve been on the phone with all them trying to get this firgured out. Like I said I’m not sourcing, but it doesn’t look like it’s gonna be figured out soon, I just really need some advice or ideas

because right now I can barely roll out of bed in the morning, i’m new I don’t think I’m breaking any rules but please excuse me if I am

Last edited:
Won’t the dentist prescribe you some analgesia? Surely that’s in their remit? Whilst the surgery thing is being sorted at least they should be treating your pain.

Edit to add: clove oil is amazing for tooth pain. Small drop onto a cotton Q tip and dab it on the sore area.

I got my wisdom teeth out w/o insurance for a slightly embarrassing price.

Did you have your extraction done already or what?

Won’t the dentist prescribe you some analgesia? Surely that’s in their remit? Whilst the surgery thing is being sorted at least they should be treating your pain.
No they won’t for whatever reason, not even Codeine or Tylenol 3.

The ER just told me they don’t treat pain if it has anything to do with dentistry. They were very understanding it was just against their policy

and my doctor isn’t any help either

this is getting ridiculous for the amount of pain I’m in, they have x-rays and proof of the fact that I am in a lot of pain and still yet no relief.

I’m completely tolerant to OTC “painkillers” at this point and don’t need to keep doing this to my liver and kidneys

I got my wisdom teeth out w/o insurance for a slightly embarrassing price.

Did you have your extraction done already or what?
No my wisdom teeth have needed to be removed for about a year, and idk how u did that but that’s not gonna happen in my situation

You’re going to have to push to get them out. Make a fuss, whatever. They clearly need out and they have a duty to ensure you’re not in pain.

I’m perplexed as to why they won’t give you analgesia? Even cocodamol, like 15/500 or even the 30/500s? You have anything on file about drugs or addiction?

Yeah, he has a benzo script...

That would do it in many cases. If he is on benzos and no script he is even more fucked.

You don't need to be put to sleep for wisdom teeth removal. They are just gonna have to numb up and cut those fuckers out. You gotta push to get the procedure done. USA has something for tooth pain. Called oragel at the gas station and about all they give.

I would certainly recommend doing your best to keep your tolerance to the these drugs in check prior to the potential operation. Anesthesia is often a combination of different drugs. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, it started with some kind of drink (forgot to ask, little dixie cup filled with Diazepam (Valium) of some such. 20 minutes later they started hooking up the lines and and getting everything ready.

I had been up all night on Amphetamines jamming with my best friend prior to showing up at the clinic, and I had worried that I would be turned away. I include this, because I know the feeling of showing up to this stuff unsure of where you stand or how things will actually go.

They started the IV, which was a mix of Midazolam (Versed) followed by Fentanyl. It felt pretty great already being in a shitty comedown. They commented that I "needed more than usual", but my surgeon was pretty liberal and just kept going until I couldn't squeeze her hand anymore. Then I felt her slicing, ripping and tearing teeth out from their roots as if it was nothing at all. I was definitely on the verge of awake and not awake.

I included this anecdote here to go with OP, because I want people to not be afraid to pursue medical help, even if they are an addict. This is especially so for people with poor oral health. The mark of your oral health is the mark of your overall health.

I would certainly recommend doing your best to keep your tolerance to the these drugs in check prior to the potential operation. Anesthesia is often a combination of different drugs. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, it started with some kind of drink (forgot to ask, little dixie cup filled with Diazepam (Valium) of some such. 20 minutes later they started hooking up the lines and and getting everything ready.

I had been up all night on Amphetamines jamming with my best friend prior to showing up at the clinic, and I had worried that I would be turned away. I include this, because I know the feeling of showing up to this stuff unsure of where you stand or how things will actually go.

They started the IV, which was a mix of Midazolam (Versed) followed by Fentanyl. It felt pretty great already being in a shitty comedown. They commented that I "needed more than usual", but my surgeon was pretty liberal and just kept going until I couldn't squeeze her hand anymore. Then I felt her slicing, ripping and tearing teeth out from their roots as if it was nothing at all. I was definitely on the verge of awake and not awake.

I included this anecdote here to go with OP, because I want people to not be afraid to pursue medical help, even if they are an addict. This is especially so for people with poor oral health. The mark of your oral health is the mark of your overall health.
They tried that route for me, the only difference being everything was ivd and I was less tolerant to benzos then I am now

but before I blacked out, I remember him distinctly saying “we can’t legally give him anymore” then very shortly after I blacked out and wouldn’t stay still and was wide awake from what I’ve been told

so no oral surgeon is really willing and or wanting to help me, ik I don’t need general anesthesia, but they won’t do it otherwise because of the benzos and my anxiety disorders

I have no fear or anxiety about them doing the procedure with just numbing shots, multiple dentists and oral surgeons have just straight up refused to get involved because they think I’m scared or something and having benzos that aren’t mine in my system is a big no no in the ER plus I’m a former alcoholic

I went to this hospital everyday during my last binge, when I woke up in too much withdrawal and didn’t want to drink. Then that anxiety and withdrawal and then up to 8mg of ivd lorazepam was heavenly, to the point of me literally being more inebriated then I was the night before

so they already see me as a drug seeker, especially with my alcoholism being in their system. Doesn’t matter how long you’ve been sober, as soon as they see that, then you’re forced into using manipulation which worked once last week, 3 separate doses of morphine ivd🤤 but still no prescription, for even tramadol, not that that would do much for my pain anyways, they tried to give me that baby stuff when I had an appendectomy

i was gonna say the same- get a new dentist.

i don't know how it works in the US so other than that can't really advise but just wanted to say i feel your pain.

i need two teeth removed and my dentist refuses to just do it with oral diazepam cos when she tried that already and one crumbled and tbh it was fucking awful. now i'm in pain, intermittently thank fuck, til i can have the root extraction and other removal. they would offer me anaesthesia on the NHS but that would have to be in hospital so i'd have to wait ages given the current situation and can't see the pain getting anything but worse in that time. i am saving up to buy a house so thankfully i have the grand spare for IV midazolam and private treatment to get it done soon but still waiting for an appointment and no idea what i'm gonna do if the pain keeps getting worse. i doubt i'd get prescribed anything from my doctor for it.

you really do need to fight to get this taken care of. if you can hack it without anaesthesia then that's a plus as that seems most realistic.

Thank you all for your replies 🙏🏼

I’ve gone to four separate dentists, and they’ve all said I have to get an oral surgeon

so I’ll just keep trying for my insurance ig, and luckily I fell into a legit alprazolam prescription of
54- Y 21 2mg bars

That’ll definitely make it easier to say the least

No they won’t for whatever reason, not even Codeine or Tylenol 3.

The ER just told me they don’t treat pain if it has anything to do with dentistry. They were very understanding it was just against their policy

and my doctor isn’t any help either

this is getting ridiculous for the amount of pain I’m in, they have x-rays and proof of the fact that I am in a lot of pain and still yet no relief.

I’m completely tolerant to OTC “painkillers” at this point and don’t need to keep doing this to my liver and kidneys
This is a bunch of bullshit I've been in and out of the hospital for the last 2 years and inadequate analgesia caused me to check myself out AMA four times. They don't understand that sometimes when people are going to die anyway they should be given the best drugs we have available. But forget about the ER to get opiates. They won't give them to you. Doesn't really matter how bad your pain is. This socks and is inhumane. I once knew a guy that got 150 30mg oxycodone tablets a month from his doctor and he was just a drug addict and sold them and kept 80 of them to abuse. It's pretty crazy

dentists are true assholes. Im sure they getting great kicks out of just putting people in that sort of pain without even giving them oxy or codeine. Once had a full surgery and stiches in my forehead and the doctor sent me home with paracetamol maybe cause i looked like a drug user. So i did the only thing i could do at the time and smoke tons and tons of weed which still did not help me 100% but it was better than nothing.

Your gonna have real bad time with drugs now and in the future until you get to the point where the drugs are not the main Thing, but just to help you get through the day.
You are likely to be More sensitive person than normal if You are abusing benzos, its just something you need to accept, You Cant change it. Though drugs will help you with that. LOL

Never take More than 2mg xanax a day. And even that is too much. Considering what you aim to achieve.

Taper benzos and switch to daily kratom please

This is a bunch of bullshit I've been in and out of the hospital for the last 2 years and inadequate analgesia caused me to check myself out AMA four times. They don't understand that sometimes when people are going to die anyway they should be given the best drugs we have available. But forget about the ER to get opiates. They won't give them to you. Doesn't really matter how bad your pain is. This socks and is inhumane. I once knew a guy that got 150 30mg oxycodone tablets a month from his doctor and he was just a drug addict and sold them and kept 80 of them to abuse. It's pretty crazy the ER is an absolute terrible but I did manipulate them
Your gonna have real bad time with drugs now and in the future until you get to the point where the drugs are not the main Thing, but just to help you get through the day.
You are likely to be More sensitive person than normal if You are abusing benzos, its just something you need to accept, You Cant change it. Though drugs will help you with that. LOL

Never take More than 2mg xanax a day. And even that is too much. Considering what you aim to achieve.

I’ve been on benzos since I was 12 for panic disorder, GAD, OCD, and PTSD, getting off of them isn’t really an option until I can get that handled

I really appreciate the advice, but this particular time It was purely recreational and I am very aware of the dangers, and definitely won’t be taking those doses daily especially for pain, considering the amount I would have to take to get real relief