• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Medical Cannabis looks likely in Ukraine

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member

It’s passed first reading. Then come amendments. That’s voted on and then to the President for signature jnto law. Zelensky has already expressed his support and had publicly encouraged parliamentarians to vote in favor.

Tom

One crucial question to ask: did Ukraine join the 2nd Geneva Opium Convention of February 19th, 1925? Or any of its subsequent treaties??

Canada did sign this on June 27th 1928 and look at the mess in Québec/Manitoba today, so perhaps Ukraine will actually perform much better in terms of justice for cannabis after all, possibly taking it closer to its urgent goal of joining the big league - not to mention Russia is against it... Lets remember the logic behind international-based prohibitionism was that criminals don't stop at borders - and we seen how relevant such denial of our democratic institutions really proved to be after decades of decadence in the progressive loss of any reasonable sense of proportions. Lets all remember it's alcohol that is a carcinogen and also a hard-drug leading to true addiction issues as delirium tremens, etc., frequently banalized even on daily TV shows specially minded for youth just as Star Trek.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

@Egzoset I've encountered a lot of racism/dubious skepticism w/regard to my Cannabis use. I like to respond with brutal, polite honesty (how's that for a Canadian stereotype).

Tom's sister, said in a sneering voice 'So, stopped your dope yet?'
Me 'No, I'm still vomiting from dialysis'

Some people (demographically tending older, more religious, less educated) in Ukraine will oppose it. You're right, not like the Russians though.

At least it's better than burning Cannabis users at the stake (essentially Singapore). Hopefully Ukraine will put in legal protections for Cannabis users, so that they can not get evicted from public housing, lose student grants, etc

Tom

Christian/Catholic style of charity, much too gentle IMO... :whistle:

Systemic Racism encoded into provincial law is an evidence to me, try convince François Legault that his political advisors are dead wrong, 'cause that's what it is all about, political. And they know we know they know (...) they are wrong - but we have no voice, no visibility. The rest is based on decades of contaminated data anyway, starting with $¢ien¢e that keeps gathering more junk.

As for 3rd-parties, it's also very evident how far the $¢ien¢e of systemic abuse has gone. To brutality i'd associate notions of cruelty disguised as « Tough Love », self-serving predatory (vampire) attitudes, m'well bye bye Hyppocrate oath! Etc. Ah, and the stereotypes... Ugliness made one more $¢ien¢e, another (they're all do¢tor$ these day$)! Which reminds me just yesterday a retired teacher explained to me that cannabis "KILLS" and "DESTROYS" developing brains - zero nuances of course. And if one dares argue it's her "opinion" and we must "respect" *HER* while raising the tone. In short it's all quite political indeed, forget science-look decoys.

In any case the Ukrainian situation apparently involves PTSD soldiers but i suspect as a nation with a once strong agriculture we can safely bet plastic money that cannabis would grow just fine, lets see if Ukraine will manage better with the artificial "medical"/"recreative" dichotomy, or simply put it all on the table and use fairplay to render justice to cannabis and its people - for a 1st time globally, in the country where they invented the « Tunnel of Love »...

So far Ukraine's canabis would serve to alleviate PTSD pain (of the mind) in 1st respondants as the army, that's contrasting with the buzz market of Ontario. Rurals might tolerate "medical" applications and still play timid facing the Public Eye; meanwhile i gather that cannabic initiation begins with rolling paper in Ukraine too (plus its chronic self-poisoning combustion), etc... If they're clever this cannabis reform will fix that as the consumption method & associated ritual can/will affect a user's profile IMO. The 1881 patent of James Albert Bonsack wasn't exactly oriented toward Public Health anyway. E.G. Time to innovate! Then join the big leagues... Make us humble!

Glory to Ukraine! Glory to all those who defend Ukrainians!!

;)

Last edited: