Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mecury

Ibis

Bluelighter
Why does getting near mecury on dx make vision expand and minimize

My home thermostat does the same exact thing every time, is it the mecury?

Yes,
1st plat noticeable
2nd and 3rd
Pretty huge.
It is pulse like
Big big big small small

If it's the planet, you shouldn't be flying that close to the sun. Remember what happened to Icarus.

Something's in retrograde here, but it's not mercury ;p .
Although perhaps I'd count it, if some were running uphill a la Leidenfrost effect.

If it's the planet, you shouldn't be flying that close to the sun. Remember what happened to Icarus.

2006-Mercury-transit-closeup-300x171.jpg

The May 9th transit of Mercury begins at 7:12 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (11:12 Universal Time), though the first contact might vary by a few minutes depending on your location..

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astr...s/live-webcast-of-may-9th-transit-of-mercury/

Nicely done Viv, some timely astronomy humor

=D

I love these sort of questions. Behind it, there is that assumption that the expansion of mercury molecules when on DXM is a well know phenomena. To be honest, I have never heard of this before.

I tend to think that the sudden alteration of macro phenomena when tripping is more likely to be perceptual rather than real-life.

If it's looking at mercury etc in an old thermometer, I wonder if other mirror-y substances also produce that effect for you - and yes it just seems to be a perceptual thing with being unable to focus well on it since it mirrors.

If you think it's the mere presence... do a blind study with a box containing mercury and an absolutely identical box containing something else and see if you can sense the mercury not knowing in which box it is. : P

^ tho thats probably a plasma arc