• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Measuring large amounts of weed on scales?

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
Do you guys have any ideas on how to weigh large amounts of weed on the classic tiny stoner scales? They're all I have and I usually need to weigh out around 14-28g+ and sometimes 56g with them and it's pretty hard because you can only stack up about 7g on them. I know everyone just uses plastic plates and cups and stuff but I was wondering if there was something that was actually good for this.

I've used regular plastic cups and stuffed them full in the past, but weighing boats seem infinitely more practical.

I wonder if it would work to just weigh the bag and then just use total weight - bag weight?
It absolutely does! I've done that several times. If you have more bags of the same model that the weed is packed in, you can put an empty bag on the scale, hit "Tare" and then put on the bag with weed in it on there. The scale has automatically subtracted the weight of the bag then.

damn that's great I knew there'd be something

I used them For 30+ Yrs. We rarely reused them b/c we would go through a fe thousand a month and theywere so cheap when buying large quantities. And they come in all sizes suitable for weighing a gram (or less) of weed to perhaps 1/4 lb. Altough you’d probably end up using a different scale for larger quantities.

Tom

I wonder if it would work to just weigh the bag and then just use total weight - bag weight?
It would work, however the bag might take weight off of the scale depending how the buds are sitting so it's not really very accurate