Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Measuring AMT problems

Jacketh

Greenlighter
Greetings all =D

I'm new to this whole thing and, obviously for studying purposes, I intend to buy some AMT. That said, I'm not on a great budget and therefore can't spend £100 or so measuring it. Obviously having looked into AMT, you need to be very careful in terms of how you measure it and you need to be precise. I am right in saying that 40 miligrams (What I'd be looking to put into the capsule) = 0.04G? Therefore I'll need a scale capable of reading 0.01 quite precisely. I was looking at these two, am I right in thinking the top one is better than the bottom one which wouldn't work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electroni..._Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item461c27b316

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8427331.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:10847492465|tsid:41370|cid:147348785|lid:48709715945|nw:g|crid:46961815985|rnd:3892986501998656883|dvc:c|adp:1o5

I was contemplating measuring by the eye just the one time, but I've been put off that since reading some stories.

Any help or tips on measuring I'd be appreciate it very much.

Hello and welcome!

I recommend to invest in scales with 0.001 precision...chances are you are gonna need them sooner or later anyway ;)

"...once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can"

You can buy a milligram scale (yes 0.04g is 40mg) for around 20GPB or 40USD (check eBay). Many say that for compounds where a single mg can make a difference these cheap scales won't cut it, but with aMT they're fine. You can use them to measure legit powders like caffeine, too. Assuming you can use such powders, the savings you'll incur from measuring your own instead of going with tablets or caps means the scale will pay for itself. Plus not having to worry about whether you eyeballed it right during an intense psychedelic onset is priceless. And yes 0.04g is 40mg.

Also, type the following into Google: liquid measuring thread site:bluelight.org

Using liquid measuring in conjunction with cheap scales can decrease individual dose inaccuracies inherent to using only a cheap scale. Instead of measuring 5mg on the scale for instance, you might measure 100mg, then dissolve it in 20mL of vodka so 1mL=5mg.