Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(MDPV) ~10mg taken both by mouth and intranasally

verso

Bluelighter
So I know that this is one substance I said I'd never do, but, like all of those things that we say we'd never do... we usually end up doing them. Right? Right!

Anyway, I have had this bag of MDPV in my arsenal for quite some time now, given to me by a friend who is pretty much over the whole experimenting-with-drugs thing. I actually had his entire stash in my arsenal at one time. It's a long story, but, anyway, he took nearly everything back from me except for the MDPV and the methylone. (I've already written the methylone report and it's floating around here somewhere.)

Well, having nothing else to do tonight, unable to score and bored, I broke out the MDPV and thought I would give it a whirl -- because why not, right? Hell, this isn't verso's first rodeo! ;)

About an hour ago at 11:05 I took a very, very small amount out of the bag, just 10 or 12, maybe 15 mg or so, and I took maybe 3 or 4 mg or so up my nose, and maybe just 2 or 3 mg by mouth. (It was the residue on my finger, but there was a good amount of it there...)

I should add, both for the harm reduction value and for authenticity or correctness, that I didn't weigh any of these amounts, but that I eyeballed them all instead. If it makes any difference, and I'm not sure that it does, I am usually pretty good -- excellent, even -- at eyeballing these things. It comes from nearly two years of copping dope, dumping out the bags and saying, "yeah that looks like about x mg..." only to throw it on the scale and see exactly how much it really is... (yeah, we're nerds on top of being drug uh... enthusiasts!)

Anyway, I ended up leaving maybe 5 or 6 mg, crumbs, really, left on the screen of my cell phone. Figured that I would take that little bit if I didn't feel anything in 15 or 20 minutes. Well, 20 minutes rolled around and I was feeling virtually nothing, so I decided to sniff that tiny bit on my phone and lick the residue... which I did.

It's been about an hour now, just over an hour, and after dosing approximately ~8 mg up my nose and maybe 3 or 4 mg by mouth, well... I'm unimpressed, and I'm not entirely sure what to make of it all.

I feel warm and I feel a bit tingly, which could be nothing more than a bit of vasoconstriction. But, apart from all that, and perhaps feeling slightly more awake (although I find that I'm still yawning...), well... I don't feel any of what I thought I'd feel. There's no bloated sense of self-confidence, no super-human motivation, no taking on nearly impossible projects and then not finishing them... in other words, there's no real stimulant-y effects for me.

I know this for sure: I dosed correctly, dosed "enough," and I would have felt uncomfortable dosing any more than what I did. I also know that, after abusing stimulants, adderall, ritalin and such for some extended period of time in college, my brain chemistry might be somewhat different in how it takes on and responds to stimulants. It's a theory, and not one that I'm willing to stand behind, so please just take it for one possible explanation and nothing more than that.

I don't feel compelled to re-dose, and I don't feel any real euphoria. I'm not sure whether to take more or not, and I can't imagine that I "didn't take enough." It almost looked like too much when I first dipped the straw in the bag and dumped out a tiny bit onto my cell phone screen.

I think that I'll leave it at that and just chalk it up to yet another stimulant that I might have enjoyed at one time, but can no longer enjoy now. (shrugs) I hope this helps someone, and, again, I'd recommend dosing the MDPV more accurately than I did by using a scale. :)

- Verso

MDPV is very hard to eyeball if you have not done it before IMO.

The powder can be compressed very easily and in a baggie it can look like nothing but will weigh a lot. When emptied out it can fluff up like you would not believe, makes a baggie seem like a magic trick when pouring it out!

Shame you didn't enjoy it, maybe if you get some 0.000s try again in a few months :)

thanks for the TR

Yeah it's a strange powder and it isn't like very much that I've ever come across before. I mean, the dope around here can sometimes be "fluffy," but not as fluffy as this stuff... this stuff is truly, truly fluffy.

I feel pretty confident that I eyeballed it correctly, but, again, it's not something that I would recommend and of course I should have done the right thing and weighed it all out; there's really no excuse for it either as I have a scale. But after weighing a number of different substances, especially dope which I would consider to be a similar-ish powder, and also, after watching my friends use the scale to dose their MDPV(same MDPV, same scale) on numerous occasions... well, I just felt good about what I was taking out of the bag.

I ended up re-dosing a tiny bit more maybe an hour and a half after this post, but, again, the effects that I achieved weren't very many and, surprisingly, weren't very stimulant-y. I felt flush, tingly, warm... had the whole rapid heart beating thing that wasn't too, too pronounced (thankfully)... and despite feeling tired, I couldn't sleep. So, I guess that toward the end of my experience, it became a little more stimulant-y. Lord knows that I felt like absolute death this morning. (Yeah, that was definitely reminiscent of stimulants...)

So, we've still got an enormous amount of this stuff left, but I think that we'll either throw it away or we'll give it to someone who we feel confident enough won't do anything stupid with it and won't hurt themselves. It's not something that I'm interested in taking again. It wasn't terrible, wasn't awful, but it seemed to produce more agitating effects than anything else...

I think if you're eyeballing and you got little in the way of effects the likelihood, and I'm fairly confident this is the case - is you simply underestimated just how fluffy this stuff is.

I weighed up what I thought looked like 50mg minimum of any other drug I've taken to date earlier to split up into smaller doses, and it came out as 14mg. Going by that math you may have done ~3mg or so combined all night, which split into multiple doses would provide similar effects to what you described.

I'm glad you posted this report though, it's a good reminder that while scales are usually vital for ensuring you don't overdose, they certainly help avoid underdosing too! :) Weigh up your doses next time and I'm confident your next report will be different ;)