• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MDMA with prescribbed MAOI drug. HELP asap!

me2point0

Bluelighter
So I thook MDMA on a FRIDAY night. I had done some research and I learned it was safe to pop it even tho I had taken VYVANSE 48h before it. Ended up being okai. No problem. Everything was fine until THUESDAY. On that day I thook a VYVANSE to go to school, for my ADHD. Felt ok? But when it started wearing off, noticed I was a little dizzy. Ended up having a headache. Thook it the day after, thinking it was nothing. Felt the same way. Now I havent taken anything AT ALL since then. Now we are, 9 days after MDMA ingestion and I still feel dizzy, living in a dream, mild headaches... Did some more research and I learned I had mixed SSRI and MAOI substances. BAD. BAD BAD BAD, right? What should I do from here, will it fix itself? or not? Should I go see someone?, who? Please help me as soon as possible, as I fear the worst.

Thanks alors. Personnal experience and such very appreciated!

It will fix itself. If you can live without the vyvanse, which it sounds like you can, then just stop taking that.

what MAOI and SSRI are you talking about?

the only things i can read from your post are mdma and vyvanse (prodrug for amphetamine). neither have any appreciable action as MAOI or SSRI. combining amphetamine and mdma (at the same time), although not recommended and not healthy, is common and not overly risky.

combining an MAOI and an SSRI on the other hand can lead to serotonin syndrome which can be deadly, but that also only lasts as long as the drugs have an effect.

Holy shit am I retarded? Thanks for shedding light on that subject. I panicked and thought vyvanse WAS a MAOI but it clearly isnt. While you are here, can you tell me if what I did could be the cause for what I have or it's just that im depleted and will be fine someday if I do everything healthy and stop ALL chemical intake?

I'm sure you're just depleted, MDMA depletes you significantly and Vyvanse is basically an ampetamine which acts on the same systems. Give it all a rest for a while and you'll be fine.

Also, you wrote MAOI in the thread title, not SSRI :)

Thanks guys! Ill try to keep in touch after I slowly regenerate. I was very nervous at first, but now im feeling quite well!! :) :)

I'm sure you're just depleted, MDMA depletes you significantly and Vyvanse is basically an ampetamine which acts on the same systems. Give it all a rest for a while and you'll be fine.

yeah. amphetamine certainly doesn't help recovery from mdma.

i find that mdma often causes a bit of what i call "emotional instability" for a few days afterwards, which can lead to worrying too much and sometimes even also anxiety. so take it easy, you've done nothing wrong, relax and you'll be fine.

Don't take an irreversible MAOI with mdma to increase the effect.

No woof.. Folley passing on messages to get to me

Last edited:
amphetamine (vyvanse) plus mdma = terrible comedown way worse than mdma alone. but in time you will get over it. taking more amphetamine on the comedown days was really stupid but you have learned and wont do it again so its cool.

you'll be fine- we've all been there and its shit but in time passes

also mdma is a serotonin releaser and amphetamine is a very weak maoi (for it to have maoi function you need to take very large doses)

if it was going to damage you as a combo the problems would have come up when you were high (serotonin syndrome)

Last edited:
also mdma is a serotonin releaser and amphetamine is a very weak maoi (for it to have maoi function you need to take very large doses)

[snip]
edit: sorry, i was confused.

anyway, it's worth mentioning that amphetamine also shouldn't be combined with an maoi.

Also I thought I'd mention that if you indeed were asking about an MAOI, that combining an MAOI with MDMA is extremely dangerous, no one should EVER do that.

What I did was not good. But the chemical intereaction wasnt brain damage not good. Thats what i can conclude from all this right? Vyvanse and mdma, the delayed combo just got me depleted, wich give me these dizziness, lighthead and headaches. No serious issue involved?

Hi welcome to PD / BL :)

No, amphetamines and MDMA are combined all the time, even simultaneously - which you did not do (48 hours or more in between). It's might make after-effects or side-effects a little worse since it depletes your dopamine and norepinephrine extra - also when done right at the same time the stimulant effects add up, but that is about it. Nothing too serious.
Next time always make sure you read about and/or understand any and all interactions between drugs in your system so that there won't be any unpleasant surprises.

Also MDMA discussion has it's own forum: MED.
After you read this, this thread will be moved there just to keep things tidy. Just so you know. ;) Thnx