• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA with L-tryptophan

Blackjackeducator

Greenlighter
Hello. I took MDMA after taking l-tryptophan yesterday. On my first dose, I took 0.1g, and after 90 minutes, I didn't feel ecstatic, so I took 0.18mg again. I didn't feel as ecstatic as I did last time, I just felt uncomfortable. Is this a problem caused by taking l-tryptophan? Normally, I took 0.1g and took 0.05g again after 90 minutes. (This dose gave me a rapturous feeling.) Do I need to take a larger dose next time because I've become resistant to overdose? Or can I take the same amount as before?

No, I don’t think it has to do with the tryptophan.

Did you test the stuff? Maybe it was different stuff. Are you rolling again too soon after the last time?

0.1 + 0.18 is already way too much. better check ur mdma quality and meds and not take anything before taking it... also long (months) break between taking it
You don't have to take long months between rolling. That's BS.

If you're not having the effects that you expect from MDMA, it's either shitty MDMA, something else, you've taken another substance that is blocking your response to MDMA and don't realize it. Realize it. But unless you're pounding pills multiple times a day for multiple weeks in a row, it's not because you did it again too soon.

This is coming from someone who has eaten over 500 pills, probably closer to 1,000.

When I was in the scene as it were or my most prolific use the longest I went without dropping a pill would have been maybe two weeks because I was sick or had to work thing I don't know but normally I was dosing two or three days sometimes four every week Thursday to Saturday or Thursday to Sunday.

Had Fridays off of my regular job so I could eat a bean Thursday night and start the weekend.

Hello. I took MDMA after taking l-tryptophan yesterday. On my first dose, I took 0.1g, and after 90 minutes, I didn't feel ecstatic, so I took 0.18mg again. I didn't feel as ecstatic as I did last time, I just felt uncomfortable. Is this a problem caused by taking l-tryptophan? Normally, I took 0.1g and took 0.05g again after 90 minutes. (This dose gave me a rapturous feeling.) Do I need to take a larger dose next time because I've become resistant to overdose? Or can I take the same amount as before?
It takes 5 hours for tryptophan to be converted to serotonin.

How big of a dose of tryptophan did you take? And also, I'm still looking up to see if an oversaturation of tryptophan can impair serotonin release or serotonin reuptake

No, I don’t think it has to do with the tryptophan.

Did you test the stuff? Maybe it was different stuff. Are you rolling again too soon after the last time?
Actually it does have to do with the tryptophan.

If you don't have an excess of vitamin B6, and take a large supplementation of tryptophan, the tryptophan is metabolized to kynurenine instead of 5-HTP

WHICH BLOCKS THE ENTRY OF TRYPTOPHAN TO THE BRAIN MEANING NO SEROTONIN SYNTHESIS.

Based on what I just found, one should definitively pre load with a few hundred milligrams of vitamin B6 for a few days prior to tryptophan supplementation.

One should take the tryptophan supplementation at least 5 hours before taking the MDMA because it takes at least 5 hours for an oral dose of tryptophan to be converted to serotonin.

Last edited:
You don't have to take long months between rolling. That's BS.

If you're not having the effects that you expect from MDMA, it's either shitty MDMA, something else, you've taken another substance that is blocking your response to MDMA and don't realize it. Realize it. But unless you're pounding pills multiple times a day for multiple weeks in a row, it's not because you did it again too soon.

This is coming from someone who has eaten over 500 pills, probably closer to 1,000.

When I was in the scene as it were or my most prolific use the longest I went without dropping a pill would have been maybe two weeks because I was sick or had to work thing I don't know but normally I was dosing two or three days sometimes four every week Thursday to Saturday or Thursday to Sunday.

Had Fridays off of my regular job so I could eat a bean Thursday night and start the weekend.
yea yea been there done that Abusing MDMA is still horrible idea and can really fuck one up bad. its not really one to play with theres much more forgiving drugs out there and its so much better when keeped as rare treat <3

yea yea been there done that Abusing MDMA is still horrible idea and can really fuck one up bad. its not really one to play with theres much more forgiving drugs out there and its so much better when keeped as rare treat <3
I beg to differ. MDMA is actually one of the most forgiving recreational drugs there is.

Now people have all kinds of reactions to stuff that actually isn't MDMA.

But we could talk about substituted methcathinones, pyrovalarones, and pyrrolidines, commonly termed bath salts which have a propensity to cause psychosis very quickly. Not very forgiving with respect to dose or addiction either.

We can talk about cocaine and crack, we could also talk about methamphetamine which if a naive person took 125 mg of methamphetamine they would be out of their mind for a day yet. 125 mg of MDMA is relaxing and fun.

If you can verify the substance is MDMA and you take a reasonable dose of 100 to 125 mg, there will be no surprises. You'll have a good time for 4 to 6 hours.