• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA with a Heart Condition

StimsNoStems

Greenlighter
A friend of mine has a heart problem called mitro valve regurgitation and is interested in taking MDMA for the first time. Here is a rough outline of his lifestyle and condition:
-Drinks alcohol regularly
-Smokes weed/concentrates daily
-Has taken adderall with alcohol a few times
-Has taken LSD multiple times and mushrooms once
-Works as a carpenter full time
-Is prescribed Lisinopril 10 mg daily along with Metoprolol 25 mg but does not take either because they make him feel lightheaded and dizzy when he stands up
-Took Concerta daily for years but has not since highschool
-is 21 years old
-Has dead heart muscle
-Had open heart surgery at 9 years old

He has access to uncut MDMA, and benzodiazepines if thats relevant.Would it be safe for him to try?

Last edited:
Taking stimulants, including mdma with heart conditions is not recommended. Is there any uncomfortable feelings related to the heart during drug use?
I would not do it as mdma is a vasoconstrictor and will increase both heart rate and blood pressure.
And there's no way to tell if the mdma is uncut unless it has been tested with a test kit and/or has been sent to a lab. Some drugs sold as mdma can be worse for the heart than mdma itself.

While I'm sure this is one of those situations where the user will be fine, I'd still want to err on the side of caution as the only real HR advice here is not to do it...

Only uncomfortable heart feelings occured when he was taking his meds and smoking weed. The MDMA has been tested. To Trozzle, yes i figured he will be and thats about all id get for hr info on here but just wanted to see if anyone had experience with his condition and MDMA.

Stimulants put more strain on the heart. In this case a heart that's already damaged. There is no advice anyone can give other than don't do it.

Honestly the cardiovascular strain from MDMA, on it's own and in reasonable doses, is similar to adderall and concerta which has been tried before. How did you react to those stimulants? The critical problem is that a lot of ecstasy is a mixture of different stimulants which puts markedly higher strain on the heart. This means that ensuring that you have just pure MDMA is critical should you wish to try it so buy a test kit. Also low dosing is essential. The more physical side effects from MDMA tend to appear once you start taking higher doses (200mg+). If you really want to try it, start with a low dose between 70-90mg in a safe environment. Also consider how hard you're exercising as this can and often is the reason why users can overheat and dehydrate. Exercising hard + MDMA + heart condition spells risk of some kind of failure. How high that risk is I'm not sure. Hence why you should definitely take extra precautions if you do decide to do it. Don't ever exceed 200mg. The risk is just too high in my opinion.

The MDMA was without a doubt pure (came in light tanish crystals that had a slightly sweet aroma and tasted bitter as fuck). He took 2 50 mg doses 45 min apart at his house with a few good friends and was completely fine. Had a very good experience.

Don't do it I the only right advice. But hey, I'm stubborn as well. I have a family full of heart disease. My grandparents and my father died of a heart condition and my uncle had to get an emergency operation, to prevent him from dying. I abused caffeine, MDMA and speed. Tried many more drugs, even MDPV. I'm still fine.

I wouldn´t continue if I were you. You already know what happens.

Meh had my heart checked recently, because of my ritalin subscription. When the doc first checked, my heart rate was way too high, but I rushed there on my bike while smoking...
He sent me to a cardiologist and all was perfect, my blood pressure was exactly on the set value for perfect. Heart rate was a bit high, when measured over a day, but I use drugs weekly, smoked back then, alcohol is even more than weekly (a lot of it and 3 times a week) and I don't do sports.

I'm happy with those results

I would agree with JWills20 on this. If he does do it, which I suspect he will. It would be advisable not to do it in a stressful environment. Maybe at home, and on the couch.

Yea he understands the risks and isnt one to go overboard with drugs or knowingly put himself in harms way. Thanks for all the responses

I have this....100%,diagnosed mvp with regurgitation.

I was petty scared to try MDMA again after I found out I had it.

Long story short, I have taken MDMA 10 times since being diagnosed...not one time did I have an issue. Not even the slightest palpitation.

If you have any questions I'll be glad to help

I should note...most meds they give you for mitral valve prolapse are of the "bata blocker" variety.

IT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO TAKE MDMA WHILE ON A BATA BLOCKER!!!!!

you must be sure that the meds are not bats blockers. Your friend could die.

Thank you very much I'm glad to know that now and I'll be sure to pm you with any other questions