• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA while under biologics

DarkTech

Greenlighter
There's a good chance I'm going to be taking biologics soon for an auto-immune disorder I have, which will lower my immune system by just a bit. I've read around on some sites, but also wanted to get an opinion from here.
Should I worry about taking MDMA while on biologics? Is anyone else here taking biologics and has advice they'd be willing to share?

There's a good chance I'm going to be taking biologics soon for an auto-immune disorder I have, which will lower my immune system by just a bit. I've read around on some sites, but also wanted to get an opinion from here.
Should I worry about taking MDMA while on biologics? Is anyone else here taking biologics and has advice they'd be willing to share?
Do you mean antibiotics? If so then yes, there are possible interactions, have a look here for some pointers. What antibiotic are you going to be on?

Also, MDMA drastically lowers your immune response so you are much much more prone to infection for a short while afterwards, if you already have an infection it is not advised to take MDMA, you run the risk of giving the infection free reign to grow for a while

Do you mean antibiotics? If so then yes, there are possible interactions, have a look here for some pointers. What antibiotic are you going to be on?

Also, MDMA drastically lowers your immune response so you are much much more prone to infection for a short while afterwards, if you already have an infection it is not advised to take MDMA, you run the risk of giving the infection free reign to grow for a while

I should've clarified. Biologics are drugs you take via injection about once every month that inhibits certain parts of the immune system. I plan on using it for my psoriasis, which gives me a lot of patches of dry skin. Once I start taking it, I'll have my immune system lowered by just a bit, and it will stay that way as long as I keep taking them about every month.
But if taking MDMA does lower your immune system... then I might just have to stop taking it once I start on biologics haha.

Well biologics is a pretty generic term usually used to refer to proteins acquired from natural sources. They don't even necessarily have to be proteins; they can be cells or substances found in blood, etc. I think you'd have to be more specific to get a solid answer. Which biologics are you going to receive?

Well biologics is a pretty generic term usually used to refer to proteins acquired from natural sources. They don't even necessarily have to be proteins; they can be cells or substances found in blood, etc. I think you'd have to be more specific to get a solid answer. Which biologics are you going to receive?

I'm not sure which exact biologic I will be receiving, but some good examples would be Humira and Stelara. The ones I'll be getting in particular will be for blocking cytokines, like interleukins, and/or T-cells.

I should've clarified. Biologics are drugs you take via injection about once every month that inhibits certain parts of the immune system. I plan on using it for my psoriasis, which gives me a lot of patches of dry skin. Once I start taking it, I'll have my immune system lowered by just a bit, and it will stay that way as long as I keep taking them about every month.
But if taking MDMA does lower your immune system... then I might just have to stop taking it once I start on biologics haha.
It does, by a tremendous amount. Research in this study words it as having "profound immunosuppressive effects", so not just a bit, the effects are very significant. That's why when people roll in public they get sick so often after their roll

Can't offer advice on biologics in combination with MDMA at the moment since I do not have experience with this class of medication