Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA while on Abilify and Paxil.

Generic84

Bluelighter
Hi,

I'm currently prescribed Abilify 10mg and Paxil 20 mg. I have read different reports and did sort of roll one time on Abilify, although it was diminished was on a tricyclic Anfranil at the time. I have heard that it is possible to roll on Paxil and there are no dangerous interactions. What about with both Abilify and Paxil in my bloodstream, would it be safe to attempt? Thanks.

Generic

Paxil will not make you roll. Dont bother trying. You will most likely just end up feeling like shit

Paxil will not make you roll. Dont bother trying. You will most likely just end up feeling like shit

Will a week cessation after a month, and a half work? 20 mg Paxil once a day.

Thanks,

Generic

I must apologize I think I may have taken your question the wrong way. I thought you where talking about taking paxil to get high. Sorry. I'm not sure if paxil is dangerous with MDMA I'm definitely not an MDMA expert. But paxil is an SSRI so you could possibly run into seratonin syndrome when mixed with MDMA. I hope someone more knowledgeable can chime in because I honestly dont know.

I must apologize I think I may have taken your question the wrong way. I thought you where talking about taking paxil to get high. Sorry. I'm not sure if paxil is dangerous with MDMA I'm definitely not an MDMA expert. But paxil is an SSRI so you could possibly run into seratonin syndrome when mixed with MDMA. I hope someone more knowledgeable can chime in because I honestly dont know.

Oh, alright it's cool. Could you run into serotonin syndrome, I've heard that could happen, and other saying it wouldn't happen? Tripsits interaction chart lists it as safe. Yeah, I had another question if anyone knows about Paxil, if I stopped for a week. Would I have to wait weeks for it to work again, it's really helping my ocd problems. But would be nice to roll too. Thanks.

Last edited:
I realize would have to stop the Abilify, well I did kind of roll on Abilify before. I'm thinking stop the Abilify for a week or nine days, maybe stop the Paxil for 3 days. I've read reports saying people have rolled fine 3 days after stopping, which I guess could make sense, over three half lives. I'm still wondering if I stopped Paxil until was five or four half lives? Would it take weeks to work again for my ocd, or would it work right away again? Thanks.

I dont know the half life of paxil or anything. But I do know ssri's need time to build up so if you stopped taking it for a few days I would assume it would take at least that long to start working again. I just mentioned seratonin syndrome could be a possibility because its SSRI but I'm certainly no expert it may be totally safe I dunno. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

I dont know the half life of paxil or anything. But I do know ssri's need time to build up so if you stopped taking it for a few days I would assume it would take at least that long to start working again. I just mentioned seratonin syndrome could be a possibility because its SSRI but I'm certainly no expert it may be totally safe I dunno. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

The half life is about 21 hours. I found this at tripsit, saying SSRI's are safe with MDMA. So idk. I know abilify might have to have to wait anyhow, half life is like 75 hours, but I did sort of roll before when I was on it. I'm only doing this a couple of times a year.

Okay, so I gots now. One day off Paxil, and Abilify. Is this safe as far as my health, if I wanted to see about a mild roll?

Probably not a good idea to do MDMA if you have mental health issues

Well honestly I've rolled probably over 20 times, and never had an issue. I have a mild mi, that's true, but I was even given the option to stop Abilify by my Psychiatric Practitioner. I choose to remain on the meds for now, I'm not depressed or anything, the Paxil is 20 mg for OCD. Which is what my Nurse Practitioner said is my biggest issue. Lucy, and at times Molly have helped me greatly. So the whole mi you shouldn't do that, I think depends on the severity of the mi/functioning of the individual. The most modern science actually says LSD is beneficial for long term mental health. I think I have improved.

Okay, so I gots now. One day off Paxil, and Abilify. Is this safe as far as my health, if I wanted to see about a mild roll?
It will actually take between 4-6 days for the paxil to be out of your system and around 16 days for the abilify to clear completely out.
If you don't wait, you will experience diminished effects and be at risk of serotonin syndrome.
The closer you are to those times the better the experience will be and safety will be increased.

However...you will also not be getting the beneficial effects of your medications.

I don't think it's worth it, dude. If you need those drugs you should take them. I've tapered off a bunch of medications including SSRIs for the purpose of drug use and it was never worthwhile. Set and setting can be pretty important and the former will be royally fucked up by going off an antidepressant.

I don't think it's worth it, dude. If you need those drugs you should take them. I've tapered off a bunch of medications including SSRIs for the purpose of drug use and it was never worthwhile. Set and setting can be pretty important and the former will be royally fucked up by going off an antidepressant.

I think you're right, except for occasional Lucy usage. Which I am going to keep to four times a year. Stop Abilify for about two weeks, every three months, for the mental health benefits, and to trip obviously. Then immediately return to Abilify dosage. I've never had any real noticeable withdrawal symptoms from Abilify, so I think it's alright.

It will actually take between 4-6 days for the paxil to be out of your system and around 16 days for the abilify to clear completely out.
If you don't wait, you will experience diminished effects and be at risk of serotonin syndrome.
The closer you are to those times the better the experience will be and safety will be increased.

However...you will also not be getting the beneficial effects of your medications.

I tried dosing, I think just got dopamine effects. Wasn't much of an experience. I'm just going to occasionally dose Lucy, and not go off Paxil.