• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA - Took more than usual!

medievil2003

Greenlighter
Hi Guys, firstly the MDMA i talk about has been tested. I've taken them on various occasions before and have always had an afterglow with no comedown.

So me and a group of friends went away for a weekend and had a fair share of MDMA with us. We all took around about 4 each on the first night, spread over a good 7 hours. The next morning was fine, woke up with a lovely afterglow and we all sat, watched TV etc.

So the next night came around real quick and half of us decided we would go a second night! Stupid thinking back to it but we all generally felt fine. 3 of us ended up taking another 4 of these pills, we had a generally hard roll and a good time. Hit the bed and had some sleep disturbances throughout the night but nothing major. I know its a very stupid idea to take MDMA 2 nights in a row, never done it before and never will again.

Again, we woke up felt fine, ate and drunk well and headed home. I always make my self a fruit bowl before i roll and have plently of milk, super fruits etc in the fridge (i look after the rest of the group!)

I have had comdowns before but this one is bad, i wanted to explain my symptoms to you all and try and figure out if there would be any need to visit the doctor or if they will pass:

Day 1 to 2:
  • Loss of appetite
  • Several Brain zaps before sleep and through the sleep
  • Messed up dreams / nightmares, which seem very real but clearly wasn't! lol!
  • Nausea

Day 3 to 5: (today is day 5)

• ​Same as above, less brain zaps and less nightmares
  • Found the need to take some sleeping tablets from not being able to fall to sleep
  • Heart racing with a feeling something bad is going to happen
  • Cloudy head with spells of dizzyness
  • A short fuse but i can also be very relaxed at times
  • Anxious and worried about nothing.
  • This one is difficult to explain & started from day 3 - it's almost like brain zaps but happens when i move my eyes, its almost like i have pulsations through my head when i look around & my heads full of pressure, almost like feeling of a faint electric shock, intensifies as i move my eyes left to right. Being on day 5 now, its not as bad but is still there, typically more at night time. After a good sleep, i'll go through a day with this being minor but it can come on all of a sudden, then i feel very tired and need to rest.

The last point is why i am feeling down, i feel like i may have done some damage which is obviously playing on my mind. I'm a positive thinking guy and dont usually let things like this get me down whereas i always think it'll pass. I dont feel depressed & in general very excited about the future.

I took some more sleeping tablets last night but they didnt really work at all, was waking up every so often with my heart racing, not being able to get comfortable etc.

Hoping that you guys can put my mind at rest?

Many thanks in advance.

i haven't heard of that thing with the eyes before, but otherwise it's nothing out of the ordinary for having seriously overdone it (it reminds me of how i felt after a took a unknown number (which is definitely above 7) of pills in one long night. not something i recommend btw). you haven't done any permanent damage, but it will certainly take a little time. typically this clears up in one or two weeks.
just stay healthy, relax, take sleeping pills if needed and know that you'll be fine. but you should really take a longer break now to give your brain enough time to return to equilibrium.

Hi Black,

Thanks for your reply..it has actually eased my mind a little. There is something else which may just be a coincidence with the eyes, when i was in one of the clubs the DJ messed up and the speakers nearly blew up, everyone had to hold their ears as the music was so high pitch and loud! Perhaps my ears have had some damage and are recovering, of which i am thinking its a side effect to the pills. I am put off for at least a month or so. Just found out my wife is pregnant so wont be having any MDMA when the baby is born! lol. Have to enjoy a few more nights out with friends before hand!! Thanks again.

Serotonin plays a role in controlling neuron firing in the brain, having a sort of sedative effect. After using MDMA, particularly a large dose, your brain will be less sensitive to its own serotonin.

Because of that, I've wondered if these sorts of after-effects aren't essentially a mini-seizure in the brain (where firing neurons cause a runaway cascade of more and more neurons firing, creating a tiny uncontrolled 'storm' of activity in the brain.)

The good news is that I would expect the symptom to completely resolve with a little time (as your brain re-adjusts.)

MDMA two days in a row is never a good idea. The maximum I would suggest is once a month, and for some people even that often may cause some (persistent but reversible) problems with sleep, mood, memory, etc.

Of course, most of us don't have that kind of self-restraint when we first discover MDMA, but try! :)