• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA: Terrible Comedown

j48x2

Greenlighter
Hello, first post here so bear with me. On Tuesday night I bombed around 150mg of MDMA topped up by a further 100mg later on into the night. I have used MDMA 3 times before this occasion and have experienced wonderful highs with little in the way of comedowns however, this time was different. I enjoyed my night at the venue I attended and following this at around 3:00 am (dropped at 12:00am) went to a friends house to wind down the evening. As the night wore on I found myself becoming incredibly anxious about what I was saying and that I was constantly been judged which was unpleasant but bearable. I decided to call it a night at 5:00 am and headed back to my flat, yet when I arrived back I started to experience horrible feelings of paranoia coupled with severe 'jitters' and rapid heart beat. This lasted for at least 5 hours and was an incredibly unpleasant experience. My question is, are these ill effects likely to be from a poor batch of MDMA? If it helps, those who took the same batch also experienced these effects until the same time the day after, who have also in the past had no negative experiences regarding MDMA.

Many Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably it was not a good batch of MDMA but without having it tested you can never be sure...Also 250mg is somewhat big dose for a newbie however if it was good mdma i don't think it would have that bad side effects. Keep in mind that maybe that occurρence tried to tell you something;split rolls apart a good time from each other and keep your doses low,a nice pleasant high never comes from taking too much of this stuff. And check if you have any history of psychological illness you may not know cause such type drugs can trigger episodes like yours with anxiety and paranoia.

Use wise and be carefull

Thank you for the quick response, yes I am aware this is a relatively large dose for a new user, however the maximum i have done over one night was 300mg with no ill effects. I will definitely heed your warning, this experience has led to me deciding to take a 3 month break as recommended and be more careful when it comes to rolls,

*Also, I smoked a bowl afterwards, however I don't believe this could have led to the events afterwards that happened for almost 5/6 hours*

If you're in a good mental condition,then only a bad drug can make you have a bad night...My first roll was at a dose of 250mg and it was the best day of my life but that doesnt mean it'll be every time like this :/ I also never had taken mdma without weed and i don't believe they make a bad combo...just it dulls a little the effects of mdma that's all

Hello, first post here so bear with me. On Tuesday night I bombed around 150mg of MDMA topped up by a further 100mg later on into the night. I have used MDMA 3 times before this occasion and have experienced wonderful highs with little in the way of comedowns however, this time was different. I enjoyed my night at the venue I attended and following this at around 3:00 am (dropped at 12:00am) went to a friends house to wind down the evening. As the night wore on I found myself becoming incredibly anxious about what I was saying and that I was constantly been judged which was unpleasant but bearable. I decided to call it a night at 5:00 am and headed back to my flat, yet when I arrived back I started to experience horrible feelings of paranoia coupled with severe 'jitters' and rapid heart beat. This lasted for at least 5 hours and was an incredibly unpleasant experience. My question is, are these ill effects likely to be from a poor batch of MDMA? If it helps, those who took the same batch also experienced these effects until the same time the day after, who have also in the past had no negative experiences regarding MDMA.

Many Thanks.

Happens to me all the time when I've been partying hard. The purest MDMA in the world could cause it, its to do with your physce not the quality of the drugs. What I do if im with company is just say I need something from the shop and go for a walk and try sort my head out.

You gotta take the rough with the smooth.

That's come as a surprise to me, I felt like it must have been the drugs but I definitely agree that if your mind starts to wander while under the influence, it can be incredibly powerful however I am normally fairly good at convincing myself everything is fine and that its all in my head but this time felt different for some reason! Thanks for the replies though, all appreciated

That has happened me a twice before and on both occasions I reckon it was the quality of the product. I didn't have much paranoia but the heart palpitations were the cause of my severe anxiety. Any bad comedown from what is sold as MDMA is due to active adulterants or what was sold was not MDMA at all. One of biggest attractions of this drug is the fact that it does not illicit bad comedowns when used in a relatively pure form and you should be able to fall asleep as soon as you hit the pillow.
Btw 250 mg is a very big dose for anyone, try doing 50/75 mg per hour to keep you flying.
Stay safe

That has happened me a twice before and on both occasions I reckon it was the quality of the product. I didn't have much paranoia but the heart palpitations were the cause of my severe anxiety. Any bad comedown from what is sold as MDMA is due to active adulterants or what was sold was not MDMA at all. One of biggest attractions of this drug is the fact that it does not illicit bad comedowns when used in a relatively pure form and you should be able to fall asleep as soon as you hit the pillow.
Btw 250 mg is a very big dose for anyone, try doing 50/75 mg per hour to keep you flying.
Stay safe

Thanks very much for your input, I also had very strong heart palpitations which I agree were a cause for concern, I also felt that as soon as I had left a more social setting and had gone back to my own room alone, I felt in a much darker place, I think that having people around you to reassure you is incredibly important when using any drug that may have adverse affects.

there are cathinones commonly sold as "mdma" that would lead to comedowns with the symptoms you describe. if this is the case here, then it's an excellent example why to use test kits. my guess would be that it would turn a bright yellow instead of dark purple.