Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA & Sertraline

stonermatt

Greenlighter
Hi there,
I’m not the most informed when it comes to drugs other than cannabis and was wondering if someone who knows a good amount about MDMA could educate me.
I’m currently taking 100mg of sertraline daily, and have been for the past year of so. I was wondering if taking 155mg of MDMA would interact with my medication on a dramatic level. I’ve been told that both SSRIs and MDMD affect serotonin, but is it clear to what extent? With the 100mg of sertraline and 155mg of MDMA would I still be able to feel the empathetic effects or would it just be a depressing experience?
Thanks in advance.

From everything I've read, you're unlikely to feel the MDMA whilst being on SSRIs. If you went off them for two weeks, then yes.

Worth bearing in mind that if you come off the Sertraline then by two weeks you will probably be having withdrawal symptoms, I recently tapered off 50mg per day Sertraline and two weeks later the last thing I would want to do would be to take MDMA because I felt nauseous, dizzy and generally unwell. If you then went back on the Sertraline then you might get similar symptoms like nausea/ dizziness while your body re-adjusts.