• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

MDMA, serotonergic drugs, gut-brain axis... any alternatives?

Fornax55

Bluelighter
So over the last few years I've put together the conclusion that something is "up" with my serotonin system.

LSD has always made me feel extremely uncomfortable in my digestive tract. LSD acts primarily as a serotonergic substance and the majority of the body's serotonin is located in the gut.

I didn't draw the two together until last year when MDMA started messing me up. The day following a roll my digestion is so messed up that I'm out of commission for an entire day. After a short stint with St John's wort, which caused the same side effects as SSRI antidepressants, I realized that anything serotonergic seriously fucks up my gut chemistry.

I've also always had super-sensitive digestion (not quite IBS) as well as anxiety/depression, all of which are conditions associated with serotonin issues.

I'm wondering if there are any ideas that might help bring balance to the serotonin system in a different way than the cascade caused by serotonergic drugs, or reuptake inhibition. It would seem that there's certainly something involved with serotonin going on, but everything that affects serotonin has, thus far, made the problem worse.

Not going to bother asking my doctor about this, he wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. I've got a bottle of tryptophan laying around, I'm going to see if that makes a difference.

Sure there is plenty of a connection, its all connected 🤯 5HT3 in particular...

Well… How’s your gut health? What do you eat, what don’t you eat? How’s your probiotic intake?

-GC

Well… How’s your gut health? What do you eat, what don’t you eat? How’s your probiotic intake?

-GC
Gut health has always been a bit off. Not quite IBS but always sensitive digestion, loose stool, etc. Probiotics never seem to make any changes. The closest I've been able to come to having regular healthy stools is by taking a teaspoon or two of psyllium husk daily. Other than that, diet is fine. Mostly plant-based, some seafood/fish, minimal processed foods/sugars/alcohol etc.

So over the last few years I've put together the conclusion that something is "up" with my serotonin system.

LSD has always made me feel extremely uncomfortable in my digestive tract. LSD acts primarily as a serotonergic substance and the majority of the body's serotonin is located in the gut.

I didn't draw the two together until last year when MDMA started messing me up. The day following a roll my digestion is so messed up that I'm out of commission for an entire day. After a short stint with St John's wort, which caused the same side effects as SSRI antidepressants, I realized that anything serotonergic seriously fucks up my gut chemistry.

I've also always had super-sensitive digestion (not quite IBS) as well as anxiety/depression, all of which are conditions associated with serotonin issues.

I'm wondering if there are any ideas that might help bring balance to the serotonin system in a different way than the cascade caused by serotonergic drugs, or reuptake inhibition. It would seem that there's certainly something involved with serotonin going on, but everything that affects serotonin has, thus far, made the problem worse.

Not going to bother asking my doctor about this, he wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. I've got a bottle of tryptophan laying around, I'm going to see if that makes a difference.
Since the availability of Lysergic's is so good. I came to one conclusion.

Mind that I have no bad trip's but it is annoying, during the onset of the peak some sort of . And something noticeable every time I trip Its like acid give's an inside out effect. Have to dig back if Tryptamine's or x-C's share this effect.

But my last DOC trip seem's share it. Have that inside out effect.

You don't wanna get me in details. But if you don't have to shit your only option is to accept and ignore.

Shit my fan just gave up, coincidence?