Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma recovery for veterans

TrulyBlessed87

Bluelighter
long term mdma recovery 2 years +

Hey guys ,

My name is Truly Blessed and I have been on this forum for 2 years now due to mdma abuse. I used to be addicted to opiates 5 years ago abut quit and fully recovered. I did mdma with a couple of friends not truly understanding how this drug worked . I abused it for 1 month in a row and ended up with a Ltc as they call it. My life has been a daily struggle for 2 years and 6 months now. I know there is mdma recovery thread but the reason I am posting is I want to hear from people who this happened to more than 2 years ago and see how they are coping . I know most people drop off after they have recovered a bit. I have head tightness as well as eye tightness everyday as well weird dizziness . Palpitations got better and I also have a uniquely mdma type hppd where everything is just too fucking bright. My question is did any of you guys become more recovered after the 2 to 3 year mark and has anyone had the luck of having visual disturbances retract. By the way I have done every single test under the sun all normal. Thanks and sorry for the grammar.

Last edited:
Hey guys ,

My name is Truly Blessed and I have been on this forum for 2 years now due to mdma abuse. I used to be addicted to opiates 5 years ago abut quit and fully recovered. I did mdma with a couple of friends not truly understanding how this drug worked . I abused it for 1 month in a row and ended up with a Ltc as they call it. My life has been a daily struggle for 2 years and 6 months now. I know there is mdma recovery thread but the reason I am posting is I want to hear from people who this happened to more than 2 years ago and see how they are coping . I know most people drop off after they have recovered a bit. I have head tightness as well as eye tightness everyday as well weird dizziness . Palpitations got better and I also have a uniquely mdma type hppd where everything is just too fucking bright. My question is did any of you guys become more recovered after the 2 to 3 year mark and has anyone had the luck of having visual disturbances retract. By the way I have done every single test under the sun all normal. Thanks and sorry for the grammar.

im a veteran, but im still using substances so I cant really answer your question, but things are pretty bright atm haha. hope your recovery goes well.

You a vet of USA?

im a veteran, but im still using substances so I cant really answer your question, but things are pretty bright atm haha. hope your recovery goes well.

You a vet of USA?
Veteran user not solider.

If what your saying is accurate, and you abused MDMA for 1 month, than this would usually imply serotonergic neurotoxicity.
From various journals that i've read, the axons and dendrites continue grow for up to 5-7 years.

Also, pressure above your eyes is usually a indicator of on-going recovery.

Ive been using mdma for almost 9 years with occasional heavy abuse and occasional long breaks. Time is the main factor in getting back to normal. Also getting good sleep and exercise helps as well as eating healthy and a big one is getting some good sunshine. There is health supplements that can help but i prefer all natural sources as i stated above. Only thing else you can do to help is live a positive life.

More worst period of abuse was a 3 month binge with about 10 separate days during time frame sober. I was in a drug induced psychosis. But with time and a healthy lifestyle i got better. I learned the hard way even though i knew what i was getting myself into. I consider myself very intelligent but im a fool at times.

my worst effect was brain zaps and depression for weeks... i recovered by weed,5htp and laying off mdma for a while. exercise, eating healthy and staying off mdma will help.
As for the op, you will have to stop using mdma, sorry you can not enjoy the mdma anymore. Have you tried taking 5htp?

When you say abused it for a month - how often were you using and what amounts?

Good luck with the recovery.

Bear

Hey guys , I am glad this discussion has gotten some comments. I abused .5 grams a couple of times that months which i learned later was incredibly stupid. I have not taken any drugs for 2 years and 7 months at all not even caffeine and I do feel some recovery although very slow. The hppd is what i wish i could recover from and like i said before its an mdma type hppd where everything is brighter which drives me crazy.

2 years and 7 months, Shit man...... That sounds rough... If there's one thing positive that comes out of that is that you're a fucking warrior man! Keep up the fight, it sounds like you're making a recovery. As they say Rome wasn't built in a day. Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Hey colin,

I am glad to hear from you how is everything going with you . Honestly i feel I will probably take 2 more years but will see. I hope your doing well

Thread title is misleading. when people search for pstd , veterans and mdma, this may show up. Best to change the title if possible, just pm a mod. There are videos on youtube where war vets have had major success with mdma for ptsd, that beat 35 years of therapy.

Exactly what Colin said - if anything, you're doing a great job at remaining focussed on recovery after this long :) a positive mindset can go a LONG way for recovering from substance abuse, so just keep your chin up OP :) you'll get there soon enough.

Thanks trozzle for the positive words. I know this thread name is misleading wish I could change it.
You can :D click 'edit' on the first post, then click 'go advanced' at the bottom right of the edit box and in the new screen above the box with the main text you can change the title. Let me know if you can't find it, I'll change it for you

Thread title is misleading. when people search for pstd , veterans and mdma, this may show up. Best to change the title if possible, just pm a mod. There are videos on youtube where war vets have had major success with mdma for ptsd, that beat 35 years of therapy.
Thread title didnt mislead me because i often refer to very experienced mdma users as veterans.
Interesting how peoples perception can very so much. I see how you viewed it as way you described though.