• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA & Psychosis

maxade

Ex-Bluelighter
Could someone with Psychosis or schizophrenia take MDMA, or would they have a bad experience?

Could someone with Psychosis or schizophrenia take MDMA, or would they have a bad experience?
Since amphetamines on their own can cause psychosis without actually having an underlying condition I think it could go really wrong when you are already suffering from psychosis or schizophrenia. I know someone that was diagnosed with both a few years back and he can't touch any drug, not even weed, it triggers an episode every time. I think the roll itself won't be a bad experience (not even sure about this) but I think the after-effects could very well be

Damn, Yeah I wanted to roll with this girl. Oh well

I Agree the after effects could be an issue but amphetamine psychosis is a neglible factor unless you are adding sleep dep from repeated dosing or silly doses.

I disagree amp psychosis is a negligible factor in this case. Do you know for sure that someone prone to psychosis already can't be much more sensitive to amp psychosis? That guy I was talking about above can trigger an episode just by smoking weed, last time he tried MDMA he ended up stabbing his brother a few hours into the roll. Granted that was on 200mg so yes a big dose, but still, I think you can't really predict the outcome with anything approaching certainty. That's just my opinion though, I have nothing to base this on except for that one example

dont do it i dont have any mental issues and ive had insane psychosis episodes from mdma abuse.

i also have a friend is otherwise healthy, but gets transient psychotic episodes from both mdma and weed. taking mdma when you have already been diagnosed with schizophrenia (or similar) is a very bad idea.