• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA pills - No comedown - explanations?

googygoogs

Greenlighter
SWIM is regular user of mdma and mdma based pills for about a year and a half now, having fair share of bad comedowns, that deter SWIM away from any drug for extended periods of time. In fact, he gets come downs far worse than any of his friends, whom are consuming the same, or ever more mdma/ mdma based pills than SWIM. - insomia, anxiety, depression, distort scattered headspace - lasting at least 2 days, with a near week recovery to feel at 100%

Obviously, the more frequently SWIM uses mdma, the worse the comedown will be - as of late, SWIM has had 3 big events in the past month that led him to consume anywhere between 3 - 8 med - high (70-100mg) mdma based pills each time, and on the weekend he went to a friends place, got carried away after a few drinks and consumed a total of 4 strong pills. he expected to be in a horrible headspace for the next 2+ days.

For the first time ever, SWIM woke up, feeling tired and a bit scattered for about 6-8 hours, with lack of energy, but in all by the nighttime, felt back to 100%, currently on day 3 and feeling like he had a well rested weekend. The only difference he can think of between this last gurn and the other times, is towards the end of the night/ early morning, when SWIM was not coming down, but settling, he smoked dmt, about 0.7-0.8 of a point. He is a firm believer in the positive effects of dmt and mdma can have on a person (if not overly abused), but couldn't come up with any scientific evidence to back up how something like dmt could help restore serotonin and brain function, in fact at the time, SWIM thought it would make him feel far more scattered.

Does anyone know a link between the two? Or how these strange one off no comedowns occur?

Last edited:
we don't swim here at bluelight.

have you gone dancing usually, but just been chilling at a friend place this time?
any difference with hydration?
have you tested your stuff?

i don't think it's the dmt at all. in fact the only time i had a comedown that was worse than after a similarly sleepless night without drugs was after i smoked dmt while coming down. but the reason for that wasn't dmt but rather not drinking enough while dancing a lot.

Who knows really... I've never experienced a bad comedown, despite the so-called inevitable 'serotonin depletion' etc etc. The more I learn about the human brain (I study cognitive neuroscience), the more I realize how complex it is. Simply reducing serotonin stores doesn't necessarily mean a bad comedown. The interesting thing with MDMA, at the right dose, is that infact serotonin receptors (not the neurotransmitter itself) are actually increased immediately post-MDMA because of the massive release. This is often why people experience an 'afterglow' and then a possible crash days later. I think the main contributor to the comedown is how much you end up taking. Keep doses reasonable, and the effect on serotonin is temporarily positive, without a compensatory decrease. Take too much, with lots of re-doses, and serotonin is over-taxed causing temporary change and the 'comedown'. Perhaps the 'strong' pills weren't as high-dosed as you thought?

If you could replace 'SWIM' with 'I, me, we, us' etc that'd be much appreciated.

Welcome to BL.

Keep in mind everyone is different, and react in different ways to chemicals. You are lucky though.

A lot of a comedown comes down to lack of sleep, hydration and food. For example, 6-APDB gives me no comedown to speak of due to the fact that I can sleep for 12 hours straight after taking.

MDMA on the other hand gives me shitty sleep and no appetite, making the next day shit.

^^ i second this. i took MDMA (not tested though) 3 times even in combination with speed last time and never had a bad comedown. i made sure to drink during the roll and when i got home despite not being hungry i forced myself to eat. also I went to bed early in the evening to get atleast 8-9 hours of sleep between sunday and monday. YMMV though

MDMA when pure doesn't always cause come downs it usually when people cut it with crap such as Meth. MDMA is a very mild drug