• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

MDMA Pill Scanner - update

paranoidShroom

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

For anyone is interesting, I'm releasing the final update for the pill scanner app for Android.
Old thread:

Demo video:
App link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.harmreduction.pillscanner

The idea is :
  • Take a picture of the pill
  • Find similar pills
  • View previous reports to see what the dosage or adulterants are
This update is after the feedback I got from everyone here, thank a lot for that !
I added notices that only chemical tests are safe and everything is best practice ssl secure and stuff.

If anyone has any questions or feedback, I'll happily read it.

Cheers everyone.

Bad reviews, no one said shit other than being garbage. Google Store is filled with fake illusions. If we, Bluelight -- we didn't said anything related to apps scanners by now, why would someone wake up to do so? And how would you create such things? What's the architecture -- did you just download a bunch of images and infos to upload them where? On a database, and your app is good to rely on or what?. Tss.. my boy or girl, dunno how old you are but you will get nowhere, you have to understand that we are talkin about human life. Be careful what you say, think twice. Again, thank you but nah'

Seems like a good idea. I like that it links to ecstasydata.org.

Personally I would like to see **much** more emphasis on the fact that a pill with matching visual identity could have completely different contents.

Bad reviews, no one said shit other than being garbage. Google Store is filled with fake illusions. If we, Bluelight -- we didn't said anything related to apps scanners by now, why would someone wake up to do so? And how would you create such things? What's the architecture -- did you just download a bunch of images and infos to upload them where? On a database, and your app is good to rely on or what?. Tss.. my boy or girl, dunno how old you are but you will get nowhere, you have to understand that we are talkin about human life. Be careful what you say, think twice. Again, thank you but nah'

Alright let's get a bit more structured:

>Bad reviews, no one said shit other than being garbage. Google Store is filled with fake illusions.
Yeah, I called it a "pill scanner" at first, so all those people took photos of their medication. Those obviously can't be found.

How was your experience if I might ask ?

>Why would someone wake up to do so?
I don't get that question, no one asked for this yes. I'm just floating it out there trying to raise awareness that people should at least look up reports.
This is from personal experience, lots of friends don't even nog reagent testing, nor test reports.

>And how would you create such things? What's the architecture -- did you just download a bunch of images and infos to upload them where? On a database, and your app is good to rely on or what?.
Are you looking for the tech stack ?
It's built on flask for the rest API.
A custom trained Retinanet model to localize pills inside the photo and crop it.
A custom triplet loss network to calculate distances between the image vectors.
In order to efficiently compare them, it's stored in an optimized database call Annoy (https://github.com/spotify/annoy)
Then it precomputes all the images from http://drugsdata.org/ and shows you the report.

I don't think you're a troll, but probably someone that is highly involved and emotionally tied to this forum.
I think people like you are the best source of what tools would help the community forward.
But to be honest, a bit disappointed with the lack of constructive.
Would have loved some ways from you on how we indeed could improve human lives after all.

Anyway, much love.

Seems like a good idea. I like that it links to ecstasydata.org.

Personally I would like to see **much** more emphasis on the fact that a pill with matching visual identity could have completely different contents.

I fully agree, do you have a suggestion on how to show it visually ?

I was thinking on adding a banner that said, these reports might not apply and a link where you can buy a test kit.
However, I think that with these kits you still can't detect the amount.

Detecting the substance that is present is still 100x more useful than knowing what was in a pill that was tested a year ago from another country! Each improvement in harm reduction technique is better than the step below, but worse than the step above. That doesn't mean that we should only consider full laboratory testing, otherwise this app would not exist!

I would say that showing this in the loading screen very prominently and requiring the user to click "I understand" before being shown results could be a good way to show this.

It might also be cool if you could scrape the results page when a particular result is detected and show a second alert if the result selected is more than 1 year old?

It would be cool if you guys could send out bad batch alerts for other substances like heroin for example if a batch is found to be cut with fentanyl. Perhaps by working with police departments in larger cities (although some of the piggies might not be on too board)

Unless you have a test kit this is pointless I like the thought behind it. But with pill presses being a dime a dozen, I don’t trust any pill unless I see it come from the pharmacy. This is why I don’t use MDMA anymore

>I would say that showing this in the loading screen very prominently and requiring the user to click "I understand" before being shown results could be a good way to show this.
Yes, the user has to do this in the beginning. Else you won't be able to use the app.

>It would be cool if you guys could send out bad batch alerts for other substances like heroin for example
Good idea, the EU is currently developing an app that does exactly this.

What I hear from the most and what I really agree on is pushing more test kits.
Since the pill pressed could indeed be duplicated, we could show this to people and convince them to buy a test kit ?
Because the goal is indeed to make people use the kits. This will (and should) never replace them.

>I would say that showing this in the loading screen very prominently and requiring the user to click "I understand" before being shown results could be a good way to show this.
Yes, the user has to do this in the beginning. Else you won't be able to use the app.

>It would be cool if you guys could send out bad batch alerts for other substances like heroin for example
Good idea, the EU is currently developing an app that does exactly this.

What I hear from the most and what I really agree on is pushing more test kits.
Since the pill pressed could indeed be duplicated, we could show this to people and convince them to buy a test kit ?
Because the goal is indeed to make people use the kits. This will (and should) never replace them.
I respect you for this, it seems you genuinely care for the safety of those around you. I just don’t know if the majority of folks using a app to identify a pill would be persuaded to buy a test kit. If people really care for safer drugs they would already have a reagent and adulterant test. Perhaps you could maybe make a membership program.. in which you would provide a set number of test along with a pill identifier. I just know way back in the day when you could just use the internet to figure a pill out.. I always took the sites data as verbatim more so cause I didn’t wanna face the fact that I had possibly been ripped off either way I think your doing a good thing. And I’m glad you brought it here for some constructive feedback