Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Over usage

squareproduct

Greenlighter
Hi.

Newbie to the forum so please go easy on me :)

Basically, I have a few questions about MDMA (and other stimulants), over usage age and pharmaceutical medicine .

I took my first pill at the age of 14 in the late 90's. Fucking excellent.

After taking a 6-year break from drugs completely from 18 until around the age of 24 I got back into ecstasy along with cocaine and, later down the line, ket.

I was taking MDMA pretty much every weekend from the age of 25 onwards and always had a good time. Nothing like my initial experiences but definitely a nice clean buzz.
In fact, I liked it so much that I started selling it. It was only to friends, never crazy big amounts and I only did it for a year or two. However, I ALWAYS had some around my house. I would regularly use the next morning to escape feeling terrible and eventually just used pretty much any time I wanted to. No self-control at all!

Later down the line, the drug itself started to lose its magic. I would take big doses and get a rush after 45 minutes that would last around 30 mins, then I would be tired, lethargic, zoned out and buzzing but no euphoria at all.
To a lesser extent, the same has happened with Cocaine. I still get the energy but rarely experience the confidence I would expect.
This has continued for about 2 years (I'm now 33) so I am wondering what has happened.

To explain further, I am a schizophrenic and as such take medication (olanzapine) that messes around with my serotonin system. However, I have been on the same dose since the age of 16 and, as described above, it never really affected the MDMA buzz too much if managed correctly.

Either:

(1) I have completely overdone it and abused the drug(s) until it no longer works.
(2) The MDMA out there these days has altered so significantly that it doesn't resemble what I remember good MDMA to be.
(3) I have simply outgrown the drug.
(4) My medication has stopped the drug(s) from working as well as they can.
(5) I have induced a psychological state in which I am not allowing myself to enjoy the drug.

(5) All of the above!

What are peoples opinions?! Will I ever get that rush again? Are there people out there with similar experience(s).

Many thanks in advance!

Amphetamines are known to worsen schizophrenia, so on principle alone I would stay away from them and avoid chasing the high.

The enjoyable effects of stimulants certainly fade away from time, usually just leaving the stimulation without the accompanying euphoria.

Antipsychotics can block the enjoyable effects of many recreational drugs, and schizophrenics themselves can occasionally have issues with enjoying drugs related to the pathology of schizophrenia as well.

But as you say, likely all of the above RE: the 5 options you mention.

I would have to agree with Cotcha, the family molly comes from is not suitable for people like us, especially if you get the uncontrollable waves of paranoia and anxiety.
Doing it every weekend is outright irresponsible and a big part of the reason you lost the magic but I'm surprised you made it that far without frying your brain. Bravo.
If you're chasing empathogens, you need to try to find alternatives, preferably a sedative with empathogenic qualities. None are popular so they're all hard to find.

Your 5-HT receptors have receded from all the MDMA bombardment. You have to give your brain time to heal. 6 months on a nootropic regimen to nurse yourself back to health.

A simple trick to bring the magic back on your next roll, is to take a few grams of Piracetam with a few hundred mg. of choline a few hours before you drop. An extended break, choline and piracetam to pre-load, 5-HTP on the comedown and you're golden.

There are other herbs, nootropics and things you can take that will help too

Many thanks for the responses guys! Much appreciated.

I am going to take your advice and take a 6-month break. I have developed a really unhealthy relationship with the drug, so time to sort it out.

Sorry to be cheeky but would 2C-B be a plausible drug to use (Sensibly) in any recovery process and beyond?! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Hehehe.

Thank you all once again.

For any type of minimalization of effects from olanzapine towards MDMA, you will probably see more with psychedelic drugs like 2CB.

Also, you are going to do what you want but psychedelic drugs are contraindicated in patients with schizophrenia. I dont think anyone will recommend you take them. These drugs can make your symptoms much worse and create bad problems with your psyche down the road, even after your use of them has subsided.

Be safe.

^ I can vouch for that. 2CB's effects are described as a cross between ecstasy and LSD. I myself am schizo and I've learned to avoid psychedelics like the plague. My first and last acid trip was a very bad one that to this day I'd never repeat.
If you're paranoid and anxious while sober, psychedelics are a big no-no.

i think psychedelics if used correctly, have the potential to get you off olanzapine for good .

I am not aware of a single study that links psychedelic usage with positive outcomes in schizophrenia, please cite your source if you are going to throw something like this out there. That could be taken the wrong way by the right person

Thank again, people.

I have tried acid twice (and hated it to be fair). However, I have taken and enjoyed quite a lot of ket down the years. I am not overly worried about using drugs with my diagnosis. To be honest, I am used to the combination(s) and usually quite prepared for things to go wrong (Or right!)

I am more interested in the euphoric type feelings on low doses of 2C-B as an alternative to MDMA. Any advice or info would be appreciated!

Many thanks.

A low dose of 2CB makes you trip balls, I heard the common dose is 10-20 mg.