• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA+no sleep= hypervigilance?

B

Bustedchavvy

Been at Reading festival and went 2 days with no sleep and did mdma every night, on the last night I was walking back to my camp when I suddenly felt I was being followed, I contacted security and ended up in the welfare tent, however even there I felt I had been followed and was being filmed and that I was going to be assaulted. A few days after and I am still not sleeping and feel extremely paranoid and vigilant when I leave my house. Anyone had anything similiar?

I think hyperparanoia is the word you want, not hypervigilance lol.

Sleep deprivation will greatly reduce your bodies ability to recover and multiple exposures to MDMA during that time is going to cause a whole host of possible problems, potentially including fucked up headspace and an inability to think rationally for a period.

It's worth noting that these are likely the types of conditions that make MDMA much more likely to cause brain damage and/or significantly delayed recovery.

Ello, welcome to bluelight. :)

Your mind/body may be in a state of hypervigelence, but when this state of high alert crosses to obsessing over/believing in events which aren't actually occurring (and have no rational reason to), then you have crossed (or did cross) into the realm of delusion/paranoia. IME people can usually lay off drugs and be fine, although taking drugs again will often trigger the same thoughts, and can really be playing with fire.

It makes sense that you would experience residual paranoia/anxiety following this. I really don't how to approach it other than to lay off drugs completely, and try to be healthy in mind and body. I'd try and mindful of the fact that logically nobody is following you, and nobody is recording you. You simply took drugs/didn't sleep, and it seems that elements of the human psyche/experience are predisposed to thinking this, especially under these conditions, and it clearly and inevitably really freaks people out.

Hopefully things will improve given time... just try not to feed into it :)

They said they stayed up for two days doing MDMA, which can easily cause this to happen; no meth required. Anyway, they were at a UK festival and we don't really get meth in the UK.

he did say he did mdma only at night so i didn't think it was a constant binge, I think its usually pretty easy to sleep after mdma

Most certainly, but it's uncertain how things panned out and whether OP was up specifically off the MDMA alone or just up/taking other drugs. It's pretty common for people to stay up at a festival, and to often use more than one kind of drug to facilitate that. That's the way I read the post anyway, but who knows.

Either way, if it was some kind of protracted stim experience then it would be highly unlikely that it was methampetamine in the UK, although there was discussion in the EADD MDMA thread of pills adulterated with 4fmph.

Sounds like you got a meth bomb homie ...
I've done a lot of really pure molly and sass and you can always sleep on that shit