• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA "next days"

mabzie55

Bluelighter
So currently I don't have access to real MDMA, but I wanted to ask a few things in case I do.

I've been considering this as a couple's therapy drug but it seems as though every time I look at this forum I see all these topics about how depressed people are, and how much they cry, can't get out of bed, etc following use.
Makes me wonder if it's even worth it to do.

Backround: I've only done MDMA once, it was a pretty small dosage mixed with amphetamines.
Nothing really sticks out in my mind about how I felt the following days as I was in opiate withdrawal the whole time so idk how much of the shitty feeling was just from that.

Anyway we are both on bupe, and have a pretty high tolerance (probably an understatement), so would it be safe to take on the same day as a small bupe dosage?
Wait a day? Two days? Etc?

Anyway things aren't so horrible that I need to do MDMA, relationships have their ups and downs, and it's currently kind of down-- thought it may be a good idea to try that and talk about things and generally have an experience to bring us closer. She has problems opening up about her feelings, and when it does come I can see that she gets very distressed and anxious both mentally and physically and has the tendency to "shut down". (We've been together a bit over 4 years)

But if this is going to make us want to kill ourselves for a week-- probably will pass on that.

Afaik opioids doesn't do much with your roll there's no need for a break. The only danger is taking a lot of opioids with a lot of stimulants where the stims mask some effects of the opioids making people take more of it.

People having a bad time after mdma for very few reasons, most commonly for abusing it. You may feel a bit down for a few days if you overdo it like many here taking 4-500 mgs a night. The other two options for people crying here are being prone to harsh comedowns (can occur at lower doses) or what they took was not mdma at all.
I myself take it once a month without any comedown/hangover. But of course I follow the well estsbilished guidelines for safe usage by Bluelight's community and read all the infos on Erowid. I suggest you do the same :) Begin here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/657228-Six-Simple-Rules-To-MDMA

I get minor depression the week after I take MDMA. Happens every time, although it is worse if I use it more frequently or have used other serotonin releasers in too little time. Usually signs of depression appear 2-3 days after taking it and peak at 4-5 days after, by a week after dosing I feel completely back to normal. Most people seem to not suffer from any consequences if they dose normally (1.5mg/kg is supposed to be ideal), taking more is far more likely to mess you up for a bit.

For your couples therapy, it's probably one of the best substances out there... Opening up on MDMA requires zero effort x). The chances that you'll both feel crap the week afterwards are pretty low, especially if you got something out of the experience!

The typical user who suffer from a severe crash following mdma are usually club rats who party until dawn, over do it with high doses in excess of 200mg, and often mix with alcohol and other drugs. For me personally it's the lack of sleep, over exertion with next to no proper food that will often contribute to a bad couple days following.

If you plan on using mdma as a form of couples therapy then there is no need to be dose past midnight in a sweaty mess. Dose early in the night, fill your home with candles, chilled music and have refreshments like fresh fruit or ice tea and start the night giving each other long massages. Depending on the dose you might open up with heart felt conversations, or you might just be happy to cuddle and watch the stars. Sex can be nice, but not every guy can stay hard or even cum during the peak. Falling asleep holding each other as the trip ends and having sex during the next morning after glow is often my favourite part of the experience.

There is no guarantee that you won't feel a little flat over the next couple of days, but sleep, food and exercise will alway be a help.

yeah the more a person abuses the drug the more harsh the side effects become. common sense really. ecstasy isnt for everybody but for me it makes life the way its meant to be. mdma solves lifes riddles for me. to each their own.

part of the problem is that its called ecstasy for a reason and sometimes it makes life dull when not on it. that plus the side effects can cause all types of sadness so a person must use responsibly for positive results.

Last edited:
Me and my gf take it at 8pm and we're in bed calming down by 12. We always have a good chat. If we don't go mad on how much we take we don't have any problems.