Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA & Lithium & Bipolar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bipolarman

Greenlighter
This is my very first post after a LONG time of reading the threads. I have searched high and low for the answer to the question I am about to pose and while the threads discussing my questions to answer the question to some extent, they do not entirely answer it.

Here is the prelude to my question:

My pet dog is his early 30s years old - yes he is a very old dog but he still gets around. He has been recently diagnosed by a psychiatrist with bipolar disorder I - the mild form of the condition. He is an experienced recreation drug user and has tried practically everything under the sun. He has experienced real MDMA at least 40 to 50 times since he was 16. 90% of that was in his teens and early 20s. The remaining 10% has occurred in the last 3 years since he was unable to acquire real MDMA until he found the darknet - my pet dog will never buy off the street ever again.

My pet dog has realized that he was always moody with the highs and lows that come with being bipolar. It was only lately that my pet dog's illness became worse due to my pet dog becoming a business owner, a father, owning a home, and all the responsibilities that come with the aforementioned.

So my pet dog's quack, i.e. doctor prescribed him Lithium. According to threads I previously mentioned, if my pet dog were to take MDMA and being bipolar that it would set off a manic episode. My pet dog has had MDMA 5 times in the previous three years and it did not even come close to setting off a manic episode. My pet dog was always in control and enjoyed the rolls very much.

Now my pet dog has been prescribed Lithium. My pet dog insist on going an multi-day EDM festival (which he has done in the previous three years without any manic episodes).

My pet dog's questions are should he stop taking the lithium (at least several days) prior to dropping the MDMA? If my pet dog doesn't stop his meds, should he do a test run such as taking a small amount of MDMA and see how his body reacts, wait a month or two, increase dose to see if any adverse reactions? Will lithium block the effects of the MDMA?

Remember, my pet dog now realizes that he has been bipolar since his teens WAYYYY before being officially diagnosed so my pet dog knows MDMA won't setoff a manic episode.

Don't give your pet dog drugs. That's beyond stupid, and quite simply animal abuse.

Lithium is a loose cannon, its extremely unpredictable what will happen with drug interactions and I can tell you from experience that stopping it is a really bad idea, you are almost guaranteed to flip manic even if you didn't have serious manic problems previously. It's also foolish to believe that a stimulant can't make you manic just because it hasn't before and honestly, it's hard to tell from your own point of view whether you were shoved into hypomania or not, after all most prescription drugs that mess with serotonin can cause mania.

Bottom line is that if you're on a mood stabilizer, its effects on you are going to be unpredictable as it is without another drug thrown in the mix, its never a good idea to stop taking them to do drugs, and lithium withdrawal lowers the seizure threshold as does MDMA so your seizure risk is higher. Its never recommended and potentially dangerous to use MDMA with or without lithium.

Also we don't feed dogs, plants, or swim here. We know you are inquiring for yourself and so does law enforcement. In fact, using swim or a pet or whatever shows that you know that the activity is illegal.

I'm here for harm reduction not to be scolded by the admins for asking what's the safest way for my pet dog to roll. Either way, my pet dog did a test run. He took half a pill then after 1.5 hours of no reaction he took the other half and then the roll kicked in about 45 mins later. He was very relaxed and except for the lack of sleep he felt just fine, in fact my pet dog is still feeling better than he previously did even though it has been 3 days since the roll. No manic episodes. It seems that for my pet dog, while on lithium, even though it has been 6 months since his last roll, his sensitivity to MDMA has decreased because he felt no roll from the first half of the pill.

This site exists for harm reduction purposes and we actually have rules about using SWIM, pets, plants, etc when you're describing yourself. The link to the rules is in my signature for both this forum and the BLUA you agreed to when you signed up. I suggest you read them before posting again. I'm glad to hear that nothing has happened but we don't just put up statements of caution for no reason. We are here to provide the information on the risks and that is what was done. Disliking the answer is no reason to break the forum rules willfully after being advised of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.