• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA just does not give me that euphoria any more?

Firth

Bluelighter
Some info first:
I first tried MDMA around 15 months ago. I used it about 2 or 3 times in a 2-3 month period following this first time use. The first and second time were great, overwhelming euphoria. After this I never touched it. I used LSD and Mushrooms a bit, probably done 8-10 trips up until around 3 months ago, I dabbled with amphetamines a couple of times (last 6 months ago) and I've been smoking lots of weed, a few days a week mostly throughout the year.

Anyway, I went back to MDMA with my best friend a month ago, we both took 135mg, I weigh 60kg, came up and everything, but I just did not get very much euphoria at all, maybe not any really, but I did a great sense of comfort with my friend and we had some great conversations. We've decided to use MDMA for bonding sessions. Again, trying it the other day, 180mg this time, I just got no euphoria, I still enjoyed the experience, but understandably I did have a much longer hangover for the larger dose.

Why am I not getting so happy on MDMA like the first time? Is this just one of those unfortunate things? Is my use of psychedelic drugs likely to impact the experience of taking MDMA?

I tested this MDMA under marquis reagent which turned to a deep purple/black. I can't say for absolute certain this IS MDMA, but the reagent test would support this.

To add: My friend also feels the same about the last 2 rolls. He has only taken LSD once, 3 months ago, with me (my last trip) and MDMA once, one year ago.

in short, mdma does not work every time.

but the reasons for that aren't always clear. after the first few times huge euphoria isn't guaranteed. too high expectations, anxious waiting for the euphoria, non-ideal set and setting or a setting you know in and and so that it isn't stimulating at all anymore... these thing might all play a role.
it could also be that the new stuff you got is simply not as pure (did the 180mg feel as or more intense than the first two times on mdma (if you don't count the euphoria but rather confusion/side effects)? if not then it might be a quality issue).
and of course if you are on any kind of medication there could also be interactions.

but yeah, my fourth roll was a dud, just like you're describing, without any obvious cause except maybe high expectations, while the following few rolls were fine again. at least you were, unlike me, smart enough not to try to compensate the lack in euphoria by taking 6 more pills over the course of the night; needless to say, it didn't work ;)

I'd wager qualitative issues.

The experience you described sounds a touch like bk-MDMA (methylone) but if it was tested then I'm sure that isn't the case.

I'd agree with black that not all MDMD experiences are exactly alike. Just try a prolonged period of abstinence and give it hell at a future date.

I think this is kind of normal, I don't know many people who think the experience is anywhere close to the level it was initially after the first few times. After my third time the experience was not worth it for me and I chased it by trying it again 7 more times and being disappointed, and feel like I have myself some mood/anxiety issues in the process (weed was ruined for me for a long time and still kind of is). I then left a 6+ month break and this was the first time it began to resemble that magical experience again. Now I am taking a break closer to a year and will only be taking it once every year or two from now on.

Set and setting are still the most plausible explanations for me. I've thought I'd "lost the magic" more than once, only to be having the absolute best time of my life shortly after.

There's a whole debate going on over at EADD between people that claim MDMA = MDMA and others that swear there's differences due to synth routes and what not. Might be an interesting read

i've had a shitting roll, and then the next weekend had an amazing one. off the same pills. both of them were at my house alone with one friend.

during one I was inside watching shitty tv shows i didn't wan't to watch because the friend wasn't rolling but i didn't want them to leave. during the second one I spent the comeup/peak in the pool and was flying high for hours after that.

psyiologically speaking.....the second roll should have been much weaker...since I was rolling a week after a full dose. but it wasn't...it was everything I wanted.

Set and setting, state of mind, and a little bit of luck are involved in having a perfect roll.

sometimes set and setting doesn't matter. and i had amazing rolls at home alone, rolling when i shouldnt' have.....other times they have sucked. its very strange.

I came across some MDMA a few months ago so me and my significant other both snorted a good bit (we eyeballed it) and the high was AMAZING. We started doing it every other-if not everyday that we had it. As we did it more, the high just didn't happen anymore, so we both just gave up on the idea of it. I haven't tried it since in fear of wasting my money to not even get high. It's probably just a tolerance thing

Also keep in mind a persons first full true mdma experiences will always be the greatest in effect. It takes good breaks to achieve previous euphoria and empathy given you have quality product. Ive been using mdma for almost 9 years now usually using at least once a month and longest ive gone with out is probably 9 months. Sometimes i find myself just chasing my first experience due to long term use and occasional abuse. Although i still experience the true world of ecstasy at times but never the same as the beginning of my rolling career.

But it seems like your problem is lack of consistent quality mdma or even not real mdma.

Also like others said you can have same batch mdma and on one occasion the experience may be more magical than the other. Many factors effect the experience of rolling.

The more you use the less you get.
With mdma less usage equals greater results.
With mdma finding a sweet spot in your dosage will also give optimal results.
Larger doses dont necessarily give larger results.

so much factors into a good roll that you don't even realise:

How tired your feeling/how tired your body is; if its been a long ass day when i roll i'm more focused on having a sleep then having a good time

set and setting; if i'm telling myself i hate the club i'm at and the music sucks monkey balls (which happens fairly often), i'll feel a short come up but no euphoria. Also when i first started taking MD i was seeing the same people every week and it was a good as feeling having 30+ people to have a chat with whenever i felt like it, these days i'll go out with my squad and we'll just sit around bored most of the night.

How hydrated you are makes a HUGE difference for me, if i don't drink water on a roll i can 'feel' the md just sitting around in my body and it makes my muscles ache and just ruins everything.

BTW when i first started i was doing it literally every week for 6 months straight and i only ever had a comedown twice which was off the same pill. I was taking 6-apb for majority of that time and the magic definately did not fade, not sure if its just an amazing rc but i used to drop at 2 a.m. and still be munted at 9 a.m.

TL;DR like many people have said in this thread every roll is different and the magic is always lingering, your state of mind and your body just need to be in the right place ;)

so much factors into a good roll that you don't even realise:

How tired your feeling/how tired your body is; if its been a long ass day when i roll i'm more focused on having a sleep then having a good time

set and setting; if i'm telling myself i hate the club i'm at and the music sucks monkey balls (which happens fairly often), i'll feel a short come up but no euphoria. Also when i first started taking MD i was seeing the same people every week and it was a good as feeling having 30+ people to have a chat with whenever i felt like it, these days i'll go out with my squad and we'll just sit around bored most of the night.

How hydrated you are makes a HUGE difference for me, if i don't drink water on a roll i can 'feel' the md just sitting around in my body and it makes my muscles ache and just ruins everything.

BTW when i first started i was doing it literally every week for 6 months straight and i only ever had a comedown twice which was off the same pill. I was taking 6-apb for majority of that time and the magic definately did not fade, not sure if its just an amazing rc but i used to drop at 2 a.m. and still be munted at 9 a.m.

TL;DR like many people have said in this thread every roll is different and the magic is always lingering, your state of mind and your body just need to be in the right place ;)
I totally agree, great speculation.