• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA induced arrythmia + beta blockers

champstick

Greenlighter
There are a lot of questions related to MDMA, irregular heartbeats, and beta blockers, but none really seem to match my case and the very few that do seem to have just died out without much answers. I'll get right to it, and I thank you guys for taking the time to read this beforehand. Please stay with me because I'd really appreciate the advice!

I've been rolling consistently since 2013, averaging about 4/5 times a year in mostly .2 doses. There were some times I rolled two days in a row, or within a week's span, and I had good rolls with no major impact (besides the more annoying comedown, and I would also take a much longer break after these sprees). However, in 2015, I went to EDCLV and ended up rolling all 3 days, .150 the first, .3 the second, and .4 the last. However, because of certain uncontrollable circumstances (kicked out of hotel because owner of room was upset about something and being exiled to the pool all day), I got absolutely 0 sleep after the 2nd day and had to stay outside in the sun at a pool for the third day. It was a bad setup, and I was very tired but ended up pushing through for day 3. I remember being very hesitant to dose, but my friends convinced me chanting the "It's the Last day!" reason. I knew it was a bad idea. The roll didn't really hit me anywhere but my legs, and I was just sweating profusely. No matter how much water I drank, my skin was coated in sweat and I was just really tired. I also didn't have to pee at all despite refilling and drinking my Camelbak at least 10 times. Around 2am, for some godforsaken reason, I decided to reup because I was just so tired. Then, within 30 minutes, I remember taking a hit of a cigarette, and then losing balance and collapsing to the floor. I didn't fully black out, but I remember feeling very lightheaded and seeing stars, and next thing I knew I was on the floor surrounded by friends pouring water on me and cooling me down. For the rest of the night, I was just very tired and wanted to go home.

Fast forward later that week, and for the next month or so, I had some very irregular heartbeats going on. Like chaotic, no pattern beats. I also swore my right arm was numb and tingling a little bit which freaked me out (but tried to calm myself knowing the left arm is the dangerous one). The heartbeats would leave me out of breath and it worried me greatly. I knew it had to do with the Vegas trip, but I also knew half the battle was mental, and calmed myself down. Within a month, the volume of heartbeats went away, and I began to live life a normally again, with the occasional weird heart rhythms here and there.

Fast forward to November (5 months after EDCLV), and I had almost forgotten about this. Here comes another rave, and I decided to go, and I considered 5 months a good enough break since my last time, so I popped a molly again (just ~.125). Great time, but the next day when I woke up, I felt the super strange heartbeats again. Damnit I thought, I'd completely forgot about my heart beating strange after EDCLV. This time, it wasn't as dramatic, but it was definitely present again. And this isn't just your average PVCs, but it was just complete random rhythms here and there. I go by expecting it to go away like it did before, but after a month, it almost seems to get worse. I finally decide to see a doctor.

Long story short, by the time I saw the doctor and got all the checks (January-March), it did calm down a LOT, but the doctors did say that there was a high burden (meaning high number of irregular heartbeats), and although this should be fine, prescribed me on some beta blockers (40mg nadolol) just to be safe. He said after a while of using this, he can check again to see if I need cardiac ablation surgery. My heart is in 100% fine physical shape and so is the rest of my body, but the electrical nerves that are firing are firing a bit weird. Obviously, even though he said I should be fine, this all made me really nervous and concerned, as I kept reading more and more articles about sudden cardiac arrest. I love MDMA but it's obviously not worth dying over. But am I fretting over nothing? I would be fine using it if the risk was similar to dying of alcohol overdose or just other generally not beneficial things with the possibility of death, but I wouldn't want to use it if there is a direct correlation and marked concern of sudden cardiac arrest. Doctor said worst that should happen to me is that I pass out, but he also doesn't know I used MDMA.

So just to wrap up, my key questions:

1) Anyone else experience anything remotely close to what I have? Developing a heart condition post intense roll after rolling a lot before?
2) I read online that pure/good MDMA only jacks up your heartrate equivalent to jogging and light cardio. If I can weather exercise and cardio, can I take MDMA even in my current condition?
3) This question seems to be a rare pokemon with vastly differing answers even on this forum: Can I take MDMA with nadolol (beta blocker) and no averse reactions? Or should I just not take beta blockers while doing MDMA?

Thanks for staying with me and I'd REALLY appreciate the answers.

1) Anyone else experience anything remotely close to what I have? Developing a heart condition post intense roll after rolling a lot before?

I'm not doctor, but it's possible that you had the heart condition PRIOR to what you consumed, and maybe the MDMA kinda put it on spotlight? Seems more feasible to me... It did not CAUSE it, but maybe it did trigger the underlying condition.

Taking beta blockers and mdma together can be deadly. Check the directory link at the top of the page. It is fucking dangerous.

I have a heart issue that De eloped during my mdma use. Mitral valve prolapse. Mine is genetic though but arrived by stimulants. I have taken mdma 7 times since being diagnosed and never once did I have any issue. Not even a single palpitation.

My mdma dose was light to moderate each time and I was at home alone. I did this specifially to keep my activity lvl low and be in a place where i could get help if needed. There was nothing to indicate that mdma aggravated my condition at any point. I would even feel confident taking it at a rave...it was that benign.

That does not mean that your condition is remotely similar or that you should expect similar results.

My info on the dangers of beta blockers and mdma may be out dated. Many years ago this whole forum was saying it was very dangerous. I just checked the directory and there is no real concensus. I don't know what to believe. It's enough that I would be very cautious though

Hey, I actually have a heart condition where my heart beats 3 times instead of twice. It's due to improper electrical circuits in my heart like what you described but I guess I got the short end of the stick lol. Anyways I consumed over 1000 micros of 25inbome and felt as though my brain had just become so overloaded it couldn't send my heart the correct electrical signals. I'm also exceptional shape, I have the craziest metabolism of anyone I know and workout a few times a week. I actually don't know the exact amount I took, long story short, but to give you an example of how hard I was feeling it I was having extremely vivid hallucinations and visual patterns for 40 or more hours then slept for a day. I started having uncontrollable arrhythmia's about 45 minutes into dosing, so to the hospital I went. I now have crippling anxiety, so I don't recommend pushing it, I don't think ill be mentally over it until my heart is fixed because I'm just so paranoid about it now and unfortunately I don't know if it'll be anytime soon, also my family and friends would say it's a shame because I'm a genius an I've been in a hermit shell this past year. But I've learned so much I wouldn't want it any other way because my symptoms of HPPD and PTSD ect are decreasing overtime an im learning better ways to deal with it, so I mean ultimately its your decision an i wish the best of luck to you. If you have any questions at all please ask! sorry this is all over the place i wrote it half asleep very late last night lol. Also I'm going to be making my own thread because it seems other people with or without prior conditions have had similar experiences to me an its just nice to talk to others about these things.