• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA in a calm setting

experiential

Greenlighter
I had the chance to try molly for the first time on Friday night at a show. It was a fucking blast, I've never had such a great experience on a drug before. We did not use a testkit on our powder but the girl I was with (who has rolled a good number of times) puked twice on our way to the show while coming up. She said it felt like some pretty good molly. I was expecting a more sudden comeup but it was incredibly smooth and seamless, I didn't really notice it until I noticed it while dancing, if that makes any sense. I experienced zero nausea the entire night, although some overheating which made me take more breaks from the floor than i would have liked to normally. I definitely experienced the addictive element of the drug as for almost the entire duration of my roll I wanted to reup with my second point (I didn't). However the most astounding thing about the drug was how it completely melted all my anxiety away without making me feel numb like a benzo. I've taken pretty much every class of med you can think of to combat GAD and panic disorder, nothing for me has ever come close to delivering such a therapeutic and clearheaded feeling as mdma did. For this reason I really want to try it again in an intimate, calm, and meditative setting where I can relax and talk about life with some close friends. I wouldn't even mind being around people who aren't rolling as long as I know they're cool with me doing so in their presence.

Okay so two questions: is this sort of MDMA experience worth it? Or am I just going to waste my second point if I use it in this setting? Are there any tips people can recommend for using MDMA like this? Secondly, I rolled on Friday night, and while I understand the multitude of reasons to really space out your rolls, I would rather have this experience sooner than later. We couldn't use a testkit because we had zero time and getting this molly was incredibly difficult. I understand people's trepidation with this drug because of the potential neurotoxicity and its addictive properties, but I will likely never be in a situation where I can casually pick this drug up whenever I want to. Would 2-3 weeks be long enough to wait to get the drug's full effects again?

Thanks BL'ers

-exp

We did not use a testkit on our powder but blah blah blah
Get a test kit! I'm glad you had a good time, but can you imagine how much it would have sucked if you'd been burned?

is this sort of MDMA experience worth it?
Yes.

Are there any tips people can recommend for using MDMA like this?
Take it with some chelated magnesium to help you avoid grinding your teeth.

Would 2-3 weeks be long enough to wait to get the drug's full effects again?
I mean, maybe, but it's not good for you in any case and it's just as likely you'll have a really lackluster experience. If you don't give yourself enough time, you risk being disappointed. It's hard to think of a good reason not to wait 2-3 months instead.

Get a test kit! I'm glad you had a good time, but can you imagine how much it would have sucked if you'd been burned?

Yes.

Take it with some chelated magnesium to help you avoid grinding your teeth.

I mean, maybe, but it's not good for you in any case and it's just as likely you'll have a really lackluster experience. If you don't give yourself enough time, you risk being disappointed. It's hard to think of a good reason not to wait 2-3 months instead.

Man, that is crazy how fast tolerance builds and how long it takes to wear off. So you're saying if I really want to play it safe, after taking one point of molly, I should wait at least two more months?

This is a serious drug, I have to take it more seriously than I thought.

Man, that is crazy how fast tolerance builds and how long it takes to wear off. So you're saying if I really want to play it safe, after taking one point of molly, I should wait at least two more months?

Insofar as 2-3 months is playing it safe and 2-3 weeks is not, yes. I personally tend to wait several months between doses because that's what fits my lifestyle, but of course there are many people who use more frequently. Proper waiting times are often a topic of debate, there is a lot of uncertainty, and the truth is most likely different for different people.

Most agree that the longer you wait between doses, the better are the individual experiences.

What we know is that people who use MDMA once every couple of months or so are very unlikely to have problems, while people who use it once or more per month are more at risk of developing tolerance or experiencing negative side effects.

MAPS studies on MDMA psychotherapy for PTSD involve two or three doses, spaced one month apart, in the company of a therapist.

Will using MDMA again in 2-3 weeks harm you? Probably not. Will it live up to your first experience? Maybe, maybe not.

All of this is not to mention your GAD, which is a little bit of a red flag on this issue. MDMA is an amazing cure for anxiety in the short term, but if you are not careful with it you risk making your GAD worse in the long term. Others have experienced this.

This is a serious drug, I have to take it more seriously than I thought.

Yes, MDMA absolutely has to be treated as a serious drug. Check out this sticky thread if you haven't yet, for starters:

http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/657228-Six-Simple-Rules-To-MDMA

So you're saying if I really want to play it safe, after taking one point of molly, I should wait at least two more months?

That would be super safe but isn't always realistic for some people. The general guideline is to make sure use isn't more frequent than, on average, once a month. So if you take it twice in one month, you should avoid taking for 2 months. A large part of avoiding MDMA's side effects is to make sure that you're testing everything you take and not taking too much during sessions. Try to keep overall dosing between 100-200mg and try not to exceed 250mg. That way you can probably get away with taking it more frequently and you keep tolerance down.

Would 2-3 weeks be long enough to wait to get the drug's full effects again?

Since it's your first time I'm gunna say yes. I know people who have taken the drug on back-to-back days and still achieved good effects. That's not to say it's a good idea but that tolerance is less likely to affect you the first few times. If you do decide to take it after 2-3 weeks, which it seems like you're pretty dead-set on, make sure you take a substantial break afterwards of 2 months+.

I understand people's trepidation with this drug because of the potential neurotoxicity and its addictive properties

Most of MDMA's side-effects are actually unlikely result from either of these things. Neurotoxicity hasn't really been proven at recreational human doses and is somewhat restricted to large repeated doses. To reach significant neurotoxicity you're probably going to need to be taking 400mg+ with 3-4+ redoses. So don't be silly and neurotoxicity shouldn't effect you. MDMA is also not a very addictive drug and doesn't work well as a drug taken very frequently and loses it effects pretty quickly so rarely anyone becomes addicted to MDMA. What MDMA does do is drastically reduce serotonin and inhibit enzymes involved in reproducing serotonin. So the negative effects could very well much come from excessive use draining stores of serotonin and the brain not being capable of replenishing these stores. Hence why significant breaks between sessions is suggested.