Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA gelatine capsules melted - possible recovery

Tej0

Greenlighter
Hi there,
my friend managed to wash his shorts with MDMA gelatine capsules inside the pocket. It was in plastic bag and totally melted in dark purpled color solution :D But I think most of the content remained in that bag and it has been washed just with water. Now It has dried to some dark purple crust with visible crystals of mdma in it. My question is, if someone, maybe chemistry-educated could give us some hint how to extract those crystals from this gelatine/mdma mixture? Or if its wrecked and should be disposed? We'd like to get crystals back rather that eating this shitty thing, because of snorting purposes. Thank you very much for some advices on this!
T.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try an acetone wash, see here, but it takes a bit of work and you lose some MDMA in the process. MDMA is extremely stable, it won't have degraded just by being in contact with water, it will still be just as good as before the wash. So if it's washed just with water, I would just scrape everything up, let it dry, weigh it, divide it and take it. That's just me though, I think even if tiny traces of soap remained behind it wouldn't be enough to affect you in any way. I could be wrong or missing something though, you might want to wait until someone else replies. Was your MDMA tested with a testkit?

Welcome to bluelight :)

Thank you very much for quick response! Yeah It was tested and It should be fine. I think you're right. If only its "state" changed and it's just mdma incorporated in gelatine, it should be all right. Not for snorting purposes tho, but we can live with that :D Acetone wash seems too complicated for this kind of situation. It wasn't that much amount lost here...

what is really strange here is that the colour turned purple.

i would recrystalise from isopropyl alcohol. the procedure for that would be: dissolve what you have in a minimum amount of near boiling ipa, add a small amount of activated charcoal (to get rid of the purple impurity), swirl it around for a few minutes and pour the hot mixture through an (equally hot) coffee filter, the it cool to room temperature, then put into the fridge for a few hours (or even better overnight). filter off your shiny white mdma crystals and let them dry. consume when it doesn't smell of ipa anymore.

Ah, I just assumed they were purple gelatin caps which produced a purple liquid after dissolving but if they were another colour and it turned purple afterwards, that is indeed not normal

Yes, It's because capsules were half red and half black. Thanks for the procedure, I'll think about it if it's worth to do that or just to eat that mixture...

Yes, It's because capsules were half red and half black. Thanks for the procedure, I'll think about it if it's worth to do that or just to eat that mixture...

ah, that explains the colour and makes the procedure (or at least the part about activated charcoal; if your stuff smells strongly of detergent or something recrystalising from ipa may still be useful.) unnecessary. you'd probably lose too much material to make it worth it. i assumed that maybe some dye from the clothes had gotten into the bag.

Just eat it. Obviously detergent is not good for you but they make detergent relatively safe because dumbass little kids like to eat whatever they can find.