• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA & Gabapentin (Neurontin) Combination, help!

LifeBoost

Greenlighter
I have been prescribed Gabapentin (Neurontin) and take it daily for spine / back pain. I will be rolling very soon and am looking for any known information about the combination of these two drugs. I have looked all over and haven't found much, other than that they can give similar highs!? Are they dangerous to combine? Do they interact well with each other?

Any experience with both drugs or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think it will be necessarily dangerous but you're likely to have a majority of the pleasurable effects of MDMA dulled down from any downer of this nature

I took a look at wikipedia and found this, "Gabapentin increases the synaptic concentration of GABA, enhances GABA responses at non-synaptic sites in neuronal tissues, and reduces the release of mono-amine neurotransmitters." I'd assume it would reduce the effects of MDMA because MDMA's method of action is to release monoamines (dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine).

thanks guys. Should I stop taking all together? or should I just not take it the day of?

It has a half life of 7 hours, so if you want to play it safe and have it completely out of your system it would be better to not take it for 2 days