• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA eye wobble and double vision

NeoLid

Bluelighter
So I know eye wobble is common with MDMA, but I have been getting crazy double vision as well, its like looking at 2 screens, there is almost no overlap between the two images, is this normal?

My second question would be is there a way to reduce these effects, I find them fun for the first 30min or so, but then it just gets annoying. I cant read anything or even focus on anything at all. Like if I'm trying to send a text or if I'm on my computer. I usually close one eye which helps a little bit with the double vision, but the eye wobbles still make it really hard, almost next to impossible. This usually happens on high doses, 250mg+, which I do very rarely. I only do m a few times a year, usually much lower doses (150 - 200mg) at this dose I can deal with it better. But I still like to do a high dose every once in a while. Please don't suggest to stick to lower doses, I already know that.

Any advice would would be greatly appreciated.

It happens to me as well. And I know you don't wanna hear it but lower your dose if it's irritating. I don't think there's another option. PS 150-200mg is a HIGH dose

Please don't suggest to stick to lower doses, I already know that.

you answered your own question.
i've heard multiple times that the eye wiggles rather quickly decrease in intensity compared to other side effects with rising tolerance. but that's surely not something anyone here can recommend. also, double vision doesn't.

it's kind of like: alcohol makes me lose my balance and puke if i drink shitloads. i hate that but like to drink too much occasionally. how can i get drunk without having any loss of balance and without puking? please don't tell me to drink less, because i already know that.

I though there might be some sort of supplement to help, like how magnesium helps jaw clenching and 5-HTP helps the hangover, and is double vision (or cross eyed) common on m, because I haven't been able to find much info on this.

I'm pretty sure getting double vision is directly caused by nystagmus (eye wiggles). You must be rolling pretty hard then! You could be prone to getting that more than others, who knows really. But you can't have one without the other. That is one of mdma's classic effects.

Also, I've found that "zoning out" will give you that double vision at will. Try "concentrating" and it might subside for...a few moments. Heh.

Once at a festival thing, I saw this one girl throwing up and had the eye wiggles going on, though maybe it was imagining it because they were fucking vibrating (i was also on other drugs at the time). I've never gotten them myself, as far as I could tell.

Oh ya, it's hard for someone to see for themselves, even looking at a mirror. But you can tell if your field of vision is wobbly aka like an earthquake, heh. It's pretty subtle unless you concentrate or your eyelids are closed.

I haven't had double vision the first few times but now I experience it too when I look close or try to read something (but only then). If look at people or anything else further than 0,5m, I see just fine. I hope it doesn't get worse than this.

You could try supplements that help with general muscle tension.

Oh ya, it's hard for someone to see for themselves, even looking at a mirror. But you can tell if your field of vision is wobbly aka like an earthquake, heh. It's pretty subtle unless you concentrate or your eyelids are closed.

When you can't read the text on your phone... That's when you know haha

When you can't read the text on your phone... That's when you know haha

that's also due to pupil dilation making it impossible to focus on anything too near.

another fun thing unrelated to pupil dilation is looking up into the night sky :)