• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA effects months later?

Nervousnelly

Greenlighter
I'm scared and looking for reassurance. I tired mdma powder for the first time in January. Probably .1 or less. I tried it again Halloween weekend taking it 3 times on Friday; totaling no more than .15. Then Saturday I succumbed to peer pressure and hardly took any; maybe .05. Both nights I had a couple cocktails and smoked some joints. I'm small, 115 pounds and 5'2" I think I took way too much for my size.

For the next two weeks I was dizzy. Now 5 weeks later my anxiety is through the roof. I am panicking everyday that I caused permanent damage. I regret ever touching the stuff. Will I ever be back to normal?? I am seeing a psychiatrist who says it's anxiety disorder and have been on 10mg Prozac for about a week. I'm scared and pushing the people I love most to their edge with this.

Trying to excersize and eat but having a hard time doing anything.

You didn't take way too much for your size. You took a perfectly safe dose. While you can argue that 150 mg on a night is a pretty high dose for someone your size, it is still well within normal. And it is not anywhere near a dangerous amount of MDMA. In therapy, they often use 120 mg on the patients, no matter their weight, and they have 100% pure mdma salt.

You have not been abusing MDMA, and you have not been taking dangerous amounts of MDMA. The way you feel is not due to MDMA, but because of anxiety. You are afraid that you may have caused permanent damage to yourself, which put stress on your body and makes your anxiety increase. Anxiety creates negative feedback, so the more you worry the more anxiety you'll get. Anxiety gives you physical symptoms as well, which again "tricks" your mind into believing that your fears are correct, which again gives you even more anxiety. Negative loop.

You need to stop worry. This is not easy at all, but it is a bit easier when knowing that your anxiety are unfounded. I hope you start feeling better soon. Eat well and exercise, hang out with friends, do stuff you like, try your best not to worry. If you start panicking over possible MDMA damage, tell yourself (say it out loud, this can actually help even though you may feel stupid doing it :) ) that it is not possible with your MDMA use. It is ok to panic, it is not dangerous, and it will get better.

It is common to feel tiered and hungover the day after (like you do the day after you're drunk), this is perfectly normal and does not mean that there is something wrong with you. For some reason people are ok with feeling hungover from alcohol, but get super scared when feeling hungover taking drugs. They start obsessing over it, and all of a sudden they have developed anxiety.

mdma could partially uncover trauma in the past. Makes you feel again, and somethimes bad stuff gets up, just behind the surface. I don't take mdma for partying, I use it to heal ptsd. Before I could remember the trauma, I was first blockingt out (dissociative amnesia), then It took several rounds with mdma before I could put the pieces together. My anxiety dissapeared when I knew what I was scared of.

Mdma messes with emotions, or help emotions, depending how it's used. :)