• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos MDMA during Benzo tapering

TheGoodGuy

Bluelighter
I have tried searching for it on google and various drugs forums but can´t find any information other than 1 reddit post with a couple responses so I will try here.

Is it possible to use MDMA (120-150mg) tommorow on New Years Eve while I am tapering off benzoes? I used benzoes for 3-4 weeks 1-2mg per night and ended up in the hospital a few days ago because going cold turkey for 5 days I didn´t got extreme anxiety and panic and tight muscles but got put on diazepam to taper off with so I am curious now I am tapering off with 5mg diazepam morning and 5mg diazepam evening/night if I could use a single dose MDMA for New Years Eve.

- I guess the best thing would be to taper off and then do the MDMA later in the future but since I already am during benzoes I think it would be nice to have them on hand on the comedown whereas when I am done tapering off I don´t plan on using benzoes ever again at least I assume it´s like other drugs where if you first have been hooked you can´t just use it one time e.g. for a comedown without it having consequences.

EDIT: It´s also 1½ years since I last did MDMA if that means anything

Seeing how you were recently hospitalized for benzo withdrawal induced anxiety I'd recommend against it. You'd probably be fine since you are on a taper, but if you aren't fine (particularly during the comedown and after effects) it won't be fun.

Aside from anxiety a large component of benzo withdrawal is depression, and if you are still in benzo withdrawal, the combination of that and the post MDMA blues is going to suck.