• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

MDMA Doesn’t Work for me Anymore

higherconciousness

Bluelighter
I don’t know what it is but the last couple of times I did MDMA it resulted in severely disappointing experiences. I know the quality of the pills were extremely high as my girl was rolling hard. All it did for me was make me feel out of it, introverted, and just plain awkward. My eyes were extremely dilated accompanied with nystagmus, but my body felt cold and somewhat achy. Any sense of pleasurability was completely absent. I haven’t rolled for years so What the hell is going on with me? I’m not on any meds that would dampen the experience so that’s not the issue.

Welcome to "losing the magic"

Not sure if there's any studied scientific basis for it but in general, over abuse of MDMA over long periods of time eventually will kill your ability to experience the "magic" serotonin overload of love regardless of quality

Instead you basically take the drug and enter a stimmed anxious "high" state which isn't particularly pleasant. Some people claim it is permanent for them. For me personally it took a break of about 5 years (mainly because there was no point in taking it anymore). Then randomly took it on a whim and it worked for me again.

If that is what this is then I'm sorry man

EDIT: saw you haven't rolled in years. Might just be a bad fluke. Find if I dose mandy wrong I can end up with all the annoying side effects and not much of the high. With pills this is even more likely

Welcome to "losing the magic"

Not sure if there's any studied scientific basis for it but in general, over abuse of MDMA over long periods of time eventually will kill your ability to experience the "magic" serotonin overload of love regardless of quality

Instead you basically take the drug and enter a stimmed anxious "high" state which isn't particularly pleasant. Some people claim it is permanent for them. For me personally it took a break of about 5 years (mainly because there was no point in taking it anymore). Then randomly took it on a whim and it worked for me again.

If that is what this is then I'm sorry man
I'm sure the "studied scientific basis for it" in 30 years will prove that it is a specific type of cumulative drain bamage

I'm sure the "studied scientific basis for it" in 30 years will prove that it is a specific type of cumulative drain bamage
Possibly. Although most research so far has found MDMA to be relatively benign physically speaking compared to more toxic stimulants.

Probably just extended serotonin receptor rape downregulates them and it takes a long long time to recover from that

Damn, I’m kinda in the same boat with DMT, I cannot get a breakthrough no matter how much I smoke, I just trip..hard..but that magic that was once there seems to be gone, still fun but cant get that full on ego death loss of self one with time and space floating through eternity experience. Which is real disappointing, I started thinking maybe my ego has gotten to strong but maybe it’s from previous DMT abuse