Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

mdma depression vs non mdma depression

Glasgowguy1

Greenlighter
Hi guys, i'm new here.

I went through a horrible break up around a year ago and started heavily abusing e and mdma around January.

I 2/3 weekends i have had at least 1 pill. I have also had a few weekends where i have really over done it.
i was in ibiza and was taking pills every day probably around 13/16 in a week (i know that this was a very very stupid thing to do)

Luckily i found this website as i am sick and tired of what my life has became.

Before i started heavily abusing pills and mdma i had been seeing my gp for depression. I know that the mdma will make the depression worse but what i would really like to know is,

If i stop taking drugs completely will my brain recover and i will be able to eliminate the drug induced depression and deal with the depression not caused by the drugs? I am also wondering if it is possible for my brain to fully recover from the drug abuse over the past few months?

I'm scared to death that my drug abuse will cause me suffer the effects for the rest of my life.

Thanks in advanced, this is a great forum and i'm glad i have finally found it.

i have also been given prozac which i am going to start next week but i don't know if i should as i took 5htp last week and i have seen that they interact together.

My mind is all over the place i can't seem to focus on anything or draw which is part of my job and i have been unable to do it for months which is causing a lot of problems.
I'm also suffering from denationalization i can't remember the last time i felt any good emotions or excitement and i don't know if that's from the drugs.

Hi guys, i'm new here.

I went through a horrible break up around a year ago and started heavily abusing e and mdma around January.

I 2/3 weekends i have had at least 1 pill. I have also had a few weekends where i have really over done it.
i was in ibiza and was taking pills every day probably around 13/16 in a week (i know that this was a very very stupid thing to do)

Luckily i found this website as i am sick and tired of what my life has became.

Before i started heavily abusing pills and mdma i had been seeing my gp for depression. I know that the mdma will make the depression worse but what i would really like to know is,

If i stop taking drugs completely will my brain recover and i will be able to eliminate the drug induced depression and deal with the depression not caused by the drugs? I am also wondering if it is possible for my brain to fully recover from the drug abuse over the past few months?

I'm scared to death that my drug abuse will cause me suffer the effects for the rest of my life.

Thanks in advanced, this is a great forum and i'm glad i have finally found it.

I'm sure if you did enough research through this website you'll find guys who have abused MDMA and recovered. So YES recovery IS possible. I'm going through an LTC at the moment because of MDMA and now I'm depressed because of this and not actually what I was depressed over before. I know how ou feel, you just want to get back to normal so you can work on the things that already got you down in life. I'm in the same boat man and funnily enough the last time I popped was because I was feeling shitty about a certain situation in my life, but anyway, long story short.... Can you recover? yes.

how would you know that it's an LTC and not just non mdma related depression. That's what confuses and worries me. How will i know if it's an LTC ? can i asked if you have had an LTC before and came out of it and when was the last time you rolled ? Anyway, i'm off all drugs now and i plan on starting to exercise again.

how would you know that it's an LTC and not just non mdma related depression. That's what confuses and worries me. How will i know if it's an LTC ? can i asked if you have had an LTC before and came out of it and when was the last time you rolled ? Anyway, i'm off all drugs now and i plan on starting to exercise again.

That's what an LTC is... Long term side-effects from MDMA. These are noticed after a normal comedown, that usually last max of 2 weeks. No this is my first time ever exeperiencing this and the last time I rolled was 3.5 months ago, but there are many guys who have been through LTC's and came out the other end just fine

I have been using mdma for about 9 years with on and off heavy abuse. Because of the long term use over the years i have become easily prone to episodes of depression and ive become overly emotional at times. If i was to completely stop drug use especially mdma i think my emotional issues would balance back to more of a normal state of mind but not totally normal.

You can get back to normal but you might never be exactly how you were prior. I feel after a true mdma experience people are never truly the same again. Md opens feelings and perceptions that werent known before.

Although i have occasional emotional issues from long term continued mdma use, i do still more highs than lows with or without drugs.

So if I give up it will eventually subside itself ? I'm just mixed up worried that I'm depressed due to mdma abuse or wether it's other issues.

The depression can be from both drugs combined with others things but SOMETIMES drug abuse can make preexisting depression worse.

If you give it up the negative effects can go away depending on lifestyle and how much damage was done.

Someone like me who has abused mdma a lot, am able to feel normal after not using for a while but with just very slight issues.

I think you'll be fine because your length of use doesnt seem too extent

i have abused it a serious amount in those months but it hasn't been years like i have seen some people on this forum have been doing. How long have you used and to what extent ?

Basicly if your depressed from something and then you over use a drug such as mdma in a way thats going to cause negative long term comedowns is just going to cause worse depression. Mdma can help depression but only if its being used safely and smart as in not over doing it too much at once and not to frequently. Ive abused mdma while depressed about other things and in the end it has made things worse but when i used mdma in a wise way while depressed it helped me. After time i always bounce back. It takes time to heal. Ive been on this rollercoaster ride a long time so im confident in what im saying right now. Live positive, wise and healthy(eating healthy, exercise and getting sunlight helps) and give it time and things will be fine. Cause and effect is something to look at.

One time me and girl mdma rampaged for three months binging like mosters all day and all night. Only was sober maybe 7 days within the 3 month period. We became truly psychotic together but then when things became too crazy to continue we took a break for few months and became mostly normal again

thanks man, that's a hell of a long time to be popping. Thanks for the advice i truly appreciate it and i feel confident in what you are saying. hope you're well man!

Thankyou same to you. Yeah since too many times of over doing, now i try to have self control but i still go a little overboad sometimes but never like i used to. The more you know about a drugs deeper effects the more easily you will be able to understand and deal with side effects.

The longest ive gone without popping in the last 9 years was probably 8 months but i usually roll atleast once a month. Sometimes more sometimes less.

Another thing man I've notice my vision has been really blurry and it's been nearly a week since the last roll. Have you ever experienced this ? Makes my eyes feel really tired.

When rolling your pupils are dilated. When dilated the eyes allow in MORE LIGHT. Thats why lights and colors seem brighter and more vivid when rolling. So if your rolling with dilated pupils and some bright lights hit your eyes it will effect your eyes more than usual. Like starring at the sun.

Your vision should get back to normal over time just like other mdma side effects.

Especially if rolling during day time your pupils are trying to dilate against the day light. Thats why in my opinion rolling or tripping at night makes things more visually stunning. The night allows the magic to shine.