• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA- Consistently Getting Sick

LoveIsAlwaysTheAnswer

Greenlighter
Hello, everyone. I’m looking for some feedback on MDMA after/comedown effects.
It was never like this till about 3 years ago... For the last few years, almost every time I roll, I throw up at the very end of the night (ie- I will already be in bed to go to sleep or have been asleep for an hour or two and wake up needing to throw up). I rarely drink anything but water when I’m on a roll. And, I very rarely mix other substances in. This throwing up thing is definitely not pleasant. Especially with company over. Interestingly, I don’t have nausea throughout the night; it just comes on at the very end of the night and I get sick. This is many hours after the initial drop- I’m literally going to sleep or am already sleeping. I’m wondering why this is happening and what I can do about it. Thank you for reading this and your feedback:)

Do you have your pills (or whatever form you ingest) tested? There’s an even chance its adulterated with something giving you these effects.

Also, the experience of many drugs changes for the individual user over the years. I used to be a daily weed smoker and now it makes me anxious and puke - I can’t touch it.

I’d say get your stuff tested and if it is MDMA then accept it’s no longer the drug for you. As tragic as that might be.

My experience is a bit different than yours, but I have also found that modern MDMA makes me sick in a way that it did not before. I end up with a lingering indigestion/nausea several days later. I feel like there has to be an additive or something that is being used to make the crystals bigger or whatever. Some batches do not have this effect on me, but it is really annoying in the ones that do.

What you are describing (vomiting at the very end, after the comedown) is something I have experienced if I mix MDA with my MDMA. The MDA will give me that vomiting at 5 am issue. Have you tested your product to see what it is? Do you always get the same product or do you have different varieties?

Electrolytes and vitamin C seem to help reduce the nausea symptoms for me.

Do you have your pills (or whatever form you ingest) tested? There’s an even chance its adulterated with something giving you these effects.

Also, the experience of many drugs changes for the individual user over the years. I used to be a daily weed smoker and now it makes me anxious and puke - I can’t touch it.

I’d say get your stuff tested and if it is MDMA then accept it’s no longer the drug for you. As tragic as that might be.
I don’t test them. And, interestingly, I’m the only one who gets sick. It sucks! And, yes, that is tragic...

What a bummer about weed!

My experience is a bit different than yours, but I have also found that modern MDMA makes me sick in a way that it did not before. I end up with a lingering indigestion/nausea several days later. I feel like there has to be an additive or something that is being used to make the crystals bigger or whatever. Some batches do not have this effect on me, but it is really annoying in the ones that do.

What you are describing (vomiting at the very end, after the comedown) is something I have experienced if I mix MDA with my MDMA. The MDA will give me that vomiting at 5 am issue. Have you tested your product to see what it is? Do you always get the same product or do you have different varieties?

Yes! I’ll have the indigestion thing for a day or two, also. So bizarre.
I don’t test them but I’m definitely going to buy a kit and check out the MDA thing. Thank you for that info!
It’s often different varieties. Consistency in the type of pill is difficult.
I wonder if it would help if I drink Gatorade or the like instead of water? Gonna try that next time.

On the nausea thing. Feeling nauseous is often a part of high levels of anxiety. Anxiety is extremely common in stim comedowns. Maybe whatever stim is in your gear is just giving you a shitty comedown.

Yes! I’ll have the indigestion thing for a day or two, also. So bizarre.
I don’t test them but I’m definitely going to buy a kit and check out the MDA thing. Thank you for that info!
It’s often different varieties. Consistency in the type of pill is difficult.
I wonder if it would help if I drink Gatorade or the like instead of water? Gonna try that next time.
Kits are great, but if you have a pill that is MDMA and MDA mixed together, then the kit won't be able to tell you that. It will just look like MDMA to the kit. Only way to know is to send to a lab.

On the nausea thing. Feeling nauseous is often a part of high levels of anxiety. Anxiety is extremely common in stim comedowns. Maybe whatever stim is in your gear is just giving you a shitty comedown.
Hmmm. I’m sure you’re right about the anxiety for some, but I am definitely not anxious as I’m quite tired by this point and always either falling asleep or am already sleeping. Ty for the feedback though!
Kits are great, but if you have a pill that is MDMA and MDA mixed together, then the kit won't be able to tell you that. It will just look like MDMA to the kit. Only way to know is to send to a lab.
Oh, damn! What a huge bummer :( I’m glad you told me that!! Thank you so much for the info!! That’s definitely great to know:)

Can’t you use simons and robadope to differentiate between primary and secondary amines?Then, If it tests positive for both it’s a mix? Though not necessarily mdma/mda

That makes sense.
I don’t have a lot of experience with it, however I also experienced quite a bit of nausea with MDA/MDMA mix, but it was only during the intensity of the come-up. My buddy was playing some music and I almost vomited during the peak, I had to sit still for the first half hour in mediation trying to keep my shit together haha. The comedown was fine.

Nausea during any kind of come up makes sense to me, but during a come-down? Seems peculiar, only bc I assume that the potency of effect and excitement has mellowed out.

@LoveIsAlwaysTheAnswer

Do you think it could be a fatigue thing?

(Like those early a.m. school mornings where you never slept and you feel extra nauseated and your heart is pounding.. )

Hello, everyone. I’m looking for some feedback on MDMA after/comedown effects.
It was never like this till about 3 years ago... For the last few years, almost every time I roll, I throw up at the very end of the night (ie- I will already be in bed to go to sleep or have been asleep for an hour or two and wake up needing to throw up). I rarely drink anything but water when I’m on a roll. And, I very rarely mix other substances in. This throwing up thing is definitely not pleasant. Especially with company over. Interestingly, I don’t have nausea throughout the night; it just comes on at the very end of the night and I get sick. This is many hours after the initial drop- I’m literally going to sleep or am already sleeping. I’m wondering why this is happening and what I can do about it. Thank you for reading this and your feedback:)

It's simple, MDMA and to a greater extent, MDA stimulate the 5-HT3 receptors in your gut (stomach and intestine). In fact, that's where most of the serotonin receptors in your body are.

This stimulus causes some people to throw up on the come up.

Other people it comes after the party.

It can be avoided by taking zofran, which is a 5-HT3 antagonist specifically designed to prevent nausea caused by serotonin.

Back in the day which for me means the 90s, you knew you had good MDMA if you felt like you were going to throw up right before your come up or right after.

That was back before I knew about zofran so it was all about not puking until that nausea passed.

Oh yeah by the way there's a lot of mixed MDMA MDA powder and pills out there, especially in the US. You can look at it and see on pillreports.org.
Sorry it took so long, I hope it helps.