• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA comedown and cough syrup

x115416

Greenlighter
So it has been almost 4 months since I used a large amount MDMA that caused me to go through a panic attack and long-term comedown. I have been eating right, socializing, keeping myself busy, sleeping enough, talking to a psychiatrist, exercising, keeping sober... most of the stuff that was recommended in these threads to overcome this comedown. I have been moving in the right direction and have become more of myself these past couple weeks. I would have to say I was at 90% recovery. I was very confident I was going to be back to normal.

Last night and today however, I felt like my recovery was pushed back. I've recently caught a cold and cough a couple days ago so I decided to take Robitussin for my cough and congestion. Took 4 teaspoons total. Before I went to bed I started to feel very off/anxious which caused me not to be able to sleep for a couple hours.... woke up and still felt off. I decided to check the ingredients in Robitussin and found out that it contains DXM.... did research and found out it is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. I was wondering if this is what is causing me to feel off right now. Will this feeling go away after a couple of days kind of like the days after drinking alcohol during a comedown? I just need some advice and reassurance that even with this setback I'll still be okay :( Thank you.

Last edited:
4 teaspoons of dextromethorphan-containing cough syrup is hardly enough to cause a significant effect on serotonin. I would wager more that you being sick is causing the effects more than anything. Dextromethorphan wouldn't have the same issues as an SSRI nor will a one off use be enough to cause a lasting problem.

Personally I've found comedowns to be significantly less noticeable after adding small amounts of Kanna to my weed in the following days after rolling, though that could be entirely anecdotal and coincidental given I've got no idea how strong of an SSRI Kanna is supposed to be nor do I believe I'm adding very much at all anyway. Just my 2c regarding pissy SSRIs and rolling.