• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA comedown 1 week later - is it possible?

ComfortablyNumb95

Bluelight Crew
ok so as the title says last monday I took some untested MDMA powder, which I'm quite positive was actual MDMA (albeit cut with inactive ingredients maybe)
had an awesome roll and the days after I had this amazing afterglow

yesterday I was feeling pretty normal, was smoking hash chillums and playing ps3 and shit but when I headed home (still pretty high) this nasty depression washed over me - I had never felt this bad in my entire life and almost wanted to kill myself (didn't actually want but I was feeling soooo bad)

today I'm still quite depressed (over nothing) and a bit anxious but better than yesterday.
meditated a bit and had a run outside which helped a bit but i still feel bad.

so is it likely that it was the MDMA or maybe just the pot? I'm really considering quitting it since it's been giving quite bad side effects as of late

P.S. saturday I took some ketamine if that matter but i doubt it has something to do with this

If your comedown has lasted for a week then chances are what you took wasn't MDMA. :(
Regardless, try to eat well, exercise and stay off other drugs and I'm sure you'll be fine soon enough!

Oh...I've actually never heard of that. It's possible it could be some sort of residual depression that only manifested itself once you smoked a lot of weed and started to down from that. Again, it might be possible that it wasn't MDMA-maybe some variant of it that causes a postponed hangover but I've personally never heard of that so it's just a guess.

Does your hangover now feel like other hangovers you've had on MDMA?

it was my first time, and as you said it is really strange for the comedown to kick in a week later

I'm actually thinking it was the pot tho, lately my highs have been less and less less enjoyable and i feel like it's causing me harm.
I've done other substances but none of them has made me feel so paranoid as weed did, not even acid taken in one of the worst settings possible (it was only half a blotter but decent acid as the effects were very noticeable). and the MDMA actually provided a really good afterglow the days after
and the high isn't even that good, well atleast now that I'm used to it.

I'll definetely quit for a while to see if the situation improves

If your comedown has lasted for a week then chances are what you took wasn't MDMA.

What compound would cause depression manifesting a week later?

ebola

Sounds like you just got weed anxiety because of the setting change (you headed home perhaps late at night?). I'd be very surprised if you had a random comedown from MDMA a week later while under the influence of weed. Like you said, the weed seems to be giving you bad side effects so it could just be that.

yesterday I was feeling pretty normal, was smoking hash chillums and playing ps3 and shit but when I headed home (still pretty high) this nasty depression washed over me - I had never felt this bad in my entire life and almost wanted to kill myself (didn't actually want but I was feeling soooo bad)

today I'm still quite depressed (over nothing) and a bit anxious but better than yesterday.
meditated a bit and had a run outside which helped a bit but i still feel bad.

This is textbook MDMA comedown, though a bit harder/longer than most users experience. There's loads of ppl on this board that have experienced, and is experiencing "longer" comedowns from MDMA. You will be allright :)

This is textbook MDMA comedown, though a bit harder/longer than most users experience. There's loads of ppl on this board that have experienced, and is experiencing "longer" comedowns from MDMA. You will be allright :)

There's nothing textbook at all about feeling randomly shit one week later. What are you on about...? If the OP said they felt bad 1-3 days later then it's understandable.But certainly not a week later, while coincidently under the influence of weed in a perhaps uncomfortable setting.

I would advise anyone to post-load with 5-HTP after taking MDMA, at least for me that has completely taken care of any depression. Actually im feeling pretty great everytime after rolling, but I take MDMA max 4 times in a year.

I would advise anyone to post-load with 5-HTP after taking MDMA, at least for me that has completely taken care of any depression. Actually im feeling pretty great everytime after rolling, but I take MDMA max 4 times in a year.

As fantastic as 5-HTP may be, I'd say your moderated usage has more to do with your positive comedowns ;). I've never really bothered with 5-HTP and it's been fine. Key is keeping doses low (100-200mg) and not taking it too often IMO.

Yeap I think that's the main reason for it too. Bluelight forums have made it sure that I will never abuse MDMA, anything else but not MDMA. These stories what even 2 day MDMA binge can do to you are horrible. I love the drug and I never want to lose the magic. First time taking MDMA I had months lasting afterglow, it was really a life changing experience :) Now I have tried shrooms+mdma and that wasn't so life changing experience, but it was the most euphoric with MDMA for sure.

that doesn't sound like mdma at all to me. ketamine had me feeling weird in a non-pleasant way for days, but dissociatives always cause some sort of weird unpleasantness for me. i rather suspect the cannabis to be the culpirt here. i've actually had a similar experience with hash with depression setting in after coming home stoned. that was before i tried anything else.

There's nothing textbook at all about feeling randomly shit one week later. What are you on about...? If the OP said they felt bad 1-3 days later then it's understandable.But certainly not a week later, while coincidently under the influence of weed in a perhaps uncomfortable setting.

Yeah, sorry. Didn't read the OP well enough. Thought the Q was wether it was normal to feel it still after a week, not that the hangover started a week later.

I don't care what anyone says, MDMA can induce a delayed comedown... that afterglow caused by MDMA is a temporary change in the brains serotonin function, if you are lucky to get one still.

My 3-4 month of hellish comedown effects from MDMA hit me like a fucking train 7 days after the roll. The weed could have exacerbated it. Sometimes it helps people, but more often than not after MDMA use sometimes weed highs change for the worse, sometimes for the better allthough typically that later is if you don't abuse it.

and OP, no, you can not be sure what it was unless you have reagent tested it. Don't pull that shit here.

Stay away from the MDMA, always reagent test it keep your mind busy and occupied my personal tip, get into bodybuilding and thank me later :)

my money's on the weed as well. i've had times where i smoked, had an unpleasant high with paranoid/depressive thoughts about my life and woke up the next day still feeling very depressed, sometimes the entire day. happened a few times before i ever used MDMA.

you didn't specify how much supposed MDMA you took though. assuming you took no more than 200mg and didn't redose more than once within an acceptable time frame(e.g. not as you started to come down) it's much more likely the weed is the culprit.

Last edited:
my money's on the weed as well. i've had times where i smoked, had an unpleasant high with paranoid/depressive thoughts about my life and woke up the next day still feeling very depressed, sometimes the entire day. happened a few times before i ever used MDMA.

Yep weed can cause that in some people, regardless of whether they have used MDMA or psychedelics.

I wouldn't say it's uncommon. Your serotonin levels are still way off. I took a high dose of ecstasy (333mg, dumb I know) two weeks ago and my worst day of depression was yesterday. It should pass in time and hopefully my anxiety/depression will too.