• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

mdma before exam for self-confidence?

makemenormal

Greenlighter
So guys, before I start I want to say that I have social problems and whenever I can I try avoid social contact with others, I have just few friends with them I can be fully open. Im very unsociable, Im afraid of what people thinks about me. And when I feel insecure about myself I fucking start stuttering, not very bad but that drives me crazy. It happens too when everybody's attention is on me Im starting blushing and I feel very constrained. Next year Im graduating school and exams will start, one of the english exams part is to speak with other about given topic, for me its very hard, because when I speak I'm starting worrying about how I speak then forget everything I wanted to speak about, start blushing and it comes out to chaos. I have tried mdma few times and I just love that feel when serotonin and dopamine is so high that I dont think about others Im happy, I just can be myself, talk with girls, make new friends, be relaxed in public and social situations. If I wouldn't be on mdma, or if I would be high, in these situations I probably would be ingoring these girls and be worried how I look when I dance in party. So my question is what you think about it? Should I take it before exam? I read about adderall but it gives concentration I dont need that, I need self-confidence. antidepressants? stimulants?

Last edited:
bad idea - in general mdma or any stimulant could intensify social anxiety and possibly cause lasting psychological harm.

id try to avoid taking anything..

good luck!

I'll be honest with you, I used to suffer a significant degree of social anxiety myself when I was 15-21/22. I'm going to guess your somewhere around that age, and I'd like to assure you that it most likely will reduce as you get older, maturer and have more experience within social settings.

I read about adderall but it gives concentration I dont need that, I need self-confidence

Secondly, taking MDMA for this kind of thing is definitely not something I'd recommend. I mean it would reduce your social anxieties but it also has a host of other effects which wouldn't be good for delivering a presentation. The physical symptoms of sweating/ jaw clenching, the big eyes and the cognitive confusion it can typically cause really aren't going to help you while you're trying to think about what you're doing. You say you've read about adderall, and decided you don't want that, but honestly it's a really, really good option. Back when I was a nervous wreck within social situations of evaluation (like job interviews for example), I would take adderall, ritalin or standard amphetamine (depending on what I had) and become far more confident, capable of processing everything around me effectively with extremely diminished anxieties. Importantly, you don't look noticeably 'high' other than sweaty pits but that's common in these situations anyway. So nobody notices that you're 'on drugs'. That said, I don't think taking stims to cope with these situations is a good idea, but ofc I did it, but adderall really is a better option if it's a necessity for you.

I would definitely recommend against this idea. There's only a 50-50 chance that you will actually get the desired results you want, but there is an absolute certainty that someone will notice that something is off and you may even find yourself with a intoxication charge / drug charge.

Would not recommend taking MDMA before an exam... If I did this I would be just as happy skipping the exam because I feel too good to focus while on it. Adderrall not only gives me focus but also more confidence and makes me more talkative. I would highly recommend at least giving Adderall a shot before you decide it's not for you.

I would definitely recommend against this idea. There's only a 50-50 chance that you will actually get the desired results you want, but there is an absolute certainty that someone will notice that something is off and you may even find yourself with a intoxication charge / drug charge.

At least in the UK you can't face drug charges for simply intoxicating drugs. Once they're in your system there's nothing authorities can do against you but maybe it's different in the US? If you're in possession in the UK that's when you get fucked.

Drugs are not the answer to this problem. If you get high before an oral exam, the examiner will know you are high and will fail you. Seek out a therapist who can help you work on this problem. Try a couple different ones if you don't get along with the first one you try.

As already said, MDMA is a really bad idea, your concentration would be fucked up too because of the high and it's possible that your social anxiety gets way much stronger on MDMA.
A short term solution would be Benzodiazepines or Beta-Blockers (Blood-pressure medication), beta-blockers are possibly the better choice because they really shut down the typical stress reactions like heartracing, hyperfocus/bad concentration, etc.
In long term a psychotherapy or special training to speak in masses could help. I also have/had big anxiety when I had to speak in public, but if you practice this anxiety gets lower and even is transformed into focus.

Hi there!
As everyone says, its not a good idea.. But....
I don't know about 5mg insuflatted :D lol
Well talking serious, I think that a little dose, just to get a spark of MDMA it wont harm you.. But a spark of 10mg/20mg
Don't recommend more.. And I would recomend that spark if you know well what you are facing in the exam.. Because if you dont know well the topics, then you could fuck up everything. :/

Keep shining! Hope you have a great exam!