• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma as an antidepressant.

Roobiin96

Greenlighter
I know that a lot of threads have been made about this, but since I have too much serotonin and it doesn't release as it should (Proven by scientist when I was doing different tests). But since mdma ALWAYS make me more social and happy the day after consuming it, is it not possible to dose it so that my serotonin release as much as they normaly should do? Antidepressant doesn't work on me (tried 5 antidepressant) the only thing that have ever helped me feel "normal" is after consuming mdma, I laugh like 1-2 times a month (sometimes less) because I find nothing funny at all in my life. The day after i consume mdma I feel more social, happy and able to laugh more. 2-3 weeks after consuming mdma I feel the same boring, unhappy, anti-social guy again :/ Shouldn't it be possible to "micro dose" mdma?

What are these different tests that the "scientist" did? Blood serotonin serum levels don't correlate well to neuronal levels.

MDMA had shown to be harmful to serotonin neurons so taking it everyday isn't really an option, it also is toxic to the heart and causes valvular heart disease/cardiac fibrosis so that rules out everyday use as well.

Have you tried 5-HTP/St johns wort yet?

Well 5-HTP is for people that don't have enough serotonin, the problem is that I have too much serotonin that doesn't release as they should. If I had too little serotonin, mdma would make me feel much much worse. They have realized why some people doesn't feel better after taking antidepressant, because some people have too much serotonin.

I'm sorry, could you enlighten me on these tests that have shown that you have too much serotonin but that it doesn't release correctly? This is not a mainstream scientific idea so I hope there is valid evidence behind it.

Some people don't feel better after chronic administration of SSRIs because a serotonin deficit is not their issue. And even if some people do respond to SSRIs, it doesn't mean that they DO have a serotonin deficit. There are other pathways involved in depression.

Even if your serotonin somehow doesn't release correctly (I still don't believe this) a SSRI will still make better use of the serotonin that is released by blocking it's reuptake out of the synapse. It does take as long as 6 months for them to reach full efficacy for different reasons so don't give up on them right away.

People have had great success treating depression with quarterly dosage of mushrooms/LSD, this likely relates to downregulation of a bad kind of serotonin called 5HT2A that suicide victims have been shown to have too much of, there are "bad" kinds of serotonin, and some serotonin antagonists are anti depressants.

I'm sorry, could you enlighten me on these tests that have shown that you have too much serotonin but that it doesn't release correctly? This is not a mainstream scientific idea so I hope there is valid evidence behind it.

Some people don't feel better after chronic administration of SSRIs because a serotonin deficit is not their issue. And even if some people do respond to SSRIs, it doesn't mean that they DO have a serotonin deficit. There are other pathways involved in depression.

Even if your serotonin somehow doesn't release correctly (I still don't believe this) a SSRI will still make better use of the serotonin that is released by blocking it's reuptake out of the synapse. It does take as long as 6 months for them to reach full efficacy for different reasons so don't give up on them right away.

People have had great success treating depression with quarterly dosage of mushrooms/LSD, this likely relates to downregulation of a bad kind of serotonin called 5HT2A that suicide victims have been shown to have too much of, there are "bad" kinds of serotonin, and some serotonin antagonists are anti depressants.
good post. The most important thing to take away from this I think is
There are other pathways involved in depression
It's not as simple as 'increase neurotransmitter X, be happy'. Hence why only a portion of patients respond well to SSRI's, those are the ones with certain serotonin deficits indeed. That also means that finding the right anti-depressant or combination of them is often a bit of hit and miss and needs to be done under a doctor's supervision. MDMA is one of the worst chemicals to use as a long-term antidepressant because it is a potent serotonin releaser rather than solely an inhibitor which means that you will crash eventually, temporarily leading to an even greater serotonin deficit (if that is what you have, I have my doubts as well about the diagnosis you're presenting us with) and a deeper depression. On top of that MDMA is known to cause rebound anxiety, which you really don't need (more of) at the moment. Not a good idea at all, don't do it, it will seem like it's helping for a while but sooner or later I guarantee you it will come back and bite you

Tolerance and issues of neurotoxicity make this a poor idea, not to mention you are one of the few people who don't tend to experience depression the days after a roll.
If you happen to have a tolerance built up I find the positive emotional uplift you normally experience is usually significantly less pronounced or even completely non-existent.
While being high on MDMA makes it certainly feel like it could be a powerful anti-depressant, this often disappears as soon as the comedown hits.

I think a lot of MDMA's acute antidepressant action is from dopamine anyways, so you might try talking to your doctor about methylphenidate. Long term methylphenidate administration has been shown to improve the brain's dopamine.