• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA & Anti Epileptics

youorme

Greenlighter
For those with epilepsy & friends of those with epilepsy!

I noticed a lack of information about taking MDMA while on any number of Anti Epileptic Drugs (AEDs) prescribed for epilepsy so I'm hoping this thread can remedy that. Soo many factors come into play when talking about MDMA & epilepsy (i.e. the kind of seizures you have, your triggers, the meds you take, the dosage, the amount / quality of the MDMA, your seizure threshold, how much sleep you get so on and so forth). It's impossible to know how MDMA will affect your epilepsy until you take it, but hopefully these experiences can give you some idea:

+ SWIM recently started 1000mg Keppra/day & has taken MDMA many times in the past on other AEDs without incident. Their first time while on Keppra they took 2 MDMA pills, got a sudden sharp headache shortly after taking the first one which went away quickly.

+ SWIM takes 1000mg Depakote/day and has been using MDMA every couple of months for several years without incident, but always makes sure they get a lot of sleep before and after the roll

+ SWIM is on a low dose of clonozepam and has taken MDMA once or twice but can't remember any particularly negative effects that stood out

note: all of the above people have their epilepsy 100% under control and haven't had a seizure in years.

**Everyone's epilepsy is different & everyone's experiences on MDMA with epilepsy will be different, so listen to your body, be cautious, and make sure you do whatever you need to in order to keep your seizure threshold up since MDMA can lower it tremendously. If you're feeling apprehensive, find a substitute drug such as weed or alcohol. MDMA & epilepsy don't always go well together and there's a very real chance of having a seizure, so be sure to educate yourself before making a decision either way.**

Anyone else have any experiences taking MDMA while on an AED?

Hey youorme, welcome to bluelight! First of all SWIM is not needed or even allowed here. This is because it doesn't really protect you in reality, a judge would look right through that. On top of that it is very hard in itself to prosecute someone based solely on a forum post, you could have just been boasting. "I" will suffice, just make sure you don't mention any past or ongoing serious criminal activity and you'll be fine

I have no personal experience with rolling and epilepsy medication as I don't have epilepsy. However I have a close friend that has epilepsy and cluster headaches and takes medication for both. He reports that he had a few episodes while rolling, but he had one while rolling without medication as well so it could just be a coincidence. At any rate he seems to suffer no real side-effects. But as you said everyone is different so it's no guarantee. I would advise caution if combining MDMA with having epilepsy, regardless of medication

Last edited: