• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

MDMA and SSRI

yyhhh213214

Greenlighter
Hello world! I apologize for my English, this language is not my native language. I'll describe the situation. I have been using Escitalopram (SSRI) for a year. 8 days ago I took the last pill. After waiting 6-7 days for the drug to leave my body, I bought MDMA and consumed it. Everything was fine, except that I felt like I couldn't feel the more intense effects of MDMA. There were no sensations that I remembered from the moment of the first use. I missed the MDMA effect. There was a sense that something was preventing MDMA from fully realizing its magic. I am confident in the quality of the substance, I consumed a fairly high dose, but the sensations, although they were the same as from MDMA, were quite weak. Maybe I should wait some more time and try to use it again. I've heard something about how it takes at least a month after antidepressants to feel the effects of MDMA, but I'm not sure. Is there anyone who can clarify the situation?

Escitalopram has a mean half life of 30 hours which means it is going to take longer than the half life of the last dose you took to leave your system. The longer you take escitalopram, the more it builds up in your body, and the longer it takes for the system to eliminate it and normalize again.

It will likely take 4-8 weeks until you can feel the full effects of MDMA. Just give it some more time.

Welcome to Bluelight!

Escitalopram has a mean half life of 30 hours which means it is going to take longer than the half life of the last dose you took to leave your system. The longer you take escitalopram, the more it builds up in your body, and the longer it takes for the system to eliminate it and normalize again.

It will likely take 4-8 weeks until you can feel the full effects of MDMA. Just give it some more time.

Welcome to Bluelight!
I don't want to sound impatient, but is there a way to speed up this process? The fact is that in a couple of weeks there will be a significant day for me and my friends. I'd love to know if there's anything that will help reduce the wait. I will be immensely grateful to you for your answer, even if there is no such way. I appreciate the time you take to respond to me. I will wait for your reply.

There is no real way to speed up the metabolism, with some drugs the urine pH level can increase excretion but not by that much relevant amounts. But you don't need to wait the whole period, I did empathogens while on venlafaxine and still got good effects. The problem is danger of serotonin syndrome which arises always when one uses two serotonergic substances at the same time but it should be fairly low after a few days since you took the last escitalopram.

I don't want to sound impatient, but is there a way to speed up this process?
In some theoretical situations increasing elimination speed can be done with some other chemicals by inducing enzyme metabolization... but because escitalopram is metabolized by 3 separate enzymes almost equally, it's just not practical. You might spend hundreds of dollars on several different chemicals or substances to induce all 3 enzymes escitalopram is metabolized by in order to stimulate elimination, yet take on all sorts of medical risks and complications, and ultimately end up with maybe a few days shaved off of the elimination time period. You would never be able to judge how much has been eliminated either. Small gain for ridiculous costs.

So... it's not impossible, but it's completely impractical and not worth it financially and health risk wise.

You simply have to wait, my friend.

Last edited:
You gave such a detailed answer! Thank you very much! Well, I'll wait, MDMA isn't going anywhere :)