• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Speed

Freidenker

Greenlighter
Is it true that the effect of MDMA is canceled or reduced if you have taken before Speed? and if so why?

Specify the question. Do you mean taking the two at the same time or do you mean taking speed in the days before taking MDMA?

it seems to vary from person to person, but ime mdma won't work if you already have speed in your system. i've tried this twice and i only ever felt much from the mdma once the amphetamine off.

as to why? no idea. speed shouldn't block the serotonin transporter in a noticable way like coke does...

i've tried this twice and i only ever felt much from the mdma once the amphetamine off

I thought this combo was very common in pills because of the increased euphoria?

I thought this combo was very common in pills because of the increased euphoria?

i don't often see it in pill testing results, and it seems to depend on multiple factors (individual differences, tolerance (some people who've abused mdma in the past find that adding amphetamine to the mix intensifies the effects again), dose, ...).
but in my experience mixing amphetamine and mdma makes me feel almost sober, as if the two were counteracting each others effects.

i don't often see it in pill testing results, and it seems to depend on multiple factors (individual differences, tolerance (some people who've abused mdma in the past find that adding amphetamine to the mix intensifies the effects again), dose, ...).
but in my experience mixing amphetamine and mdma makes me feel almost sober, as if the two were counteracting each others effects.

I find that counterintuitive. In my experiences of mixing stimulants they've always potentiated each other (I.E. Ritalin/ Amphetamines + caffeine) produce much larger effects than either alone. Always thought this would be the case for amp + MDMA.

I've always enjoyed taking low-dose methamphetamine/amphetamine with MDMA.

I'd imagine if you'd been on a (meth)amphetamine bender days before taking MDMA some of the common stimulant effects might not be as pronounced. The tactile/empathogen sensations should still be pretty noticeable tho'.

IME when I dose MDMA with a stimulant such as methamphetamine (at a low dose) it just increases the euphoria slightly and provides a more jarring stimulant kick.

Now, Cocaine and Methylphenidate being DRIs might stagger the overall MDMA experience. I'd stray away from the blow.

Cocaine will quickly and completely kill an MDMA roll. It's happened to me before. No clue here about MPH doing the same or not. Never combined MDMA and amphetamine (unless it was in a pre-prepressed pill, and I didn't know the amphetamine was there), but I have (successfully) combined methamphetamine and MDMA a handful of times. Meth and X at the same time are not really synergistic, additive, anti-synergistic, or reductive. You should still be feeling the effects of both drugs at the same time; however, the meth will make the e less lethargic, and you will be high (on meth anyway) for much longer than pure MDMA's 3 to 6 hour duration. That's about it, really.

I had the impression that most pressed ecstasy tablets contain at least a small amount of amphetamine or caffeine. I've seen people here say that larger doses of speed will overwhelm the mdma experience.
Mdma entirely on its own is a somewhat lethargic experience. A small amount of amps makes for a more energetic experience.

I had the impression that most pressed ecstasy tablets contain at least a small amount of amphetamine or caffeine. I've seen people here say that larger doses of speed will overwhelm the mdma experience.
Mdma entirely on its own is a somewhat lethargic experience. A small amount of amps makes for a more energetic experience.

not in europe. i've been following the test results over here for years and in this time i can only rememer three pills with a bit of amphetamine in the lab results. even pma seem to be more prolific and pma isn't something that turns up too often thankfully...
only in the north america it was more common than not to find pills with mdma+methamphetamine rather than pills with only mdma. and even though i've never tried the combination i have heard from local partygoes that the mdma+meth combo works much better than mdma+amp.

caffeine of course isn't that rare. personally, i have always felt plenty stimulation on mdma only but i have noticed that the experience isn't as quite as energetic anymore as when i had started out...

Diloadid said:
I'd imagine if you'd been on a (meth)amphetamine bender days before taking MDMA some of the common stimulant effects might not be as pronounced. The tactile/empathogen sensations should still be pretty noticeable tho'.

Now, Cocaine and Methylphenidate being DRIs might stagger the overall MDMA experience. I'd stray away from the blow.

there's no need for a bender to supress the effects. imagine four people at a party looking for mdma. two give up and do a line of speed (a typical dose for partying) instead while the other two stay sober and keep asking people. two hours later the latter find some pills and everyone partakes. while the mdma hits the two sober ones after 45min, the two people who did a line of speed some time ago don't feel anything at first only to get a weak mdma-high slowly creeping up on them over the next two more hours.

about the mechanism i can also not think of a logical explanation why amphetamine would do that. maybe something to do with vmat2 or something? or taar1?
but for me and at least a bunch of other people (i know some irl, but also on bl; there's one report in trip reports of someone doing massive amounts of both without feeling much at first, he ends up in hospital as the amphetamine stops working enabling the mdma to hit) these two drugs interact in a way that makes you feel less of both, just as you would expect with a sri/dri.

JWills20 said:
I find that counterintuitive.
me too. that's why i tried again, execting different results ;)

just throwing my two cents in. MDMA/Meth pills are super fun. Not gonna lie. Just make sure they are done right, more mdma to speed combo. The ones I did were awesome, party pills.

about the mechanism i can also not think of a logical explanation why amphetamine would do that. maybe something to do with vmat2 or something? or taar1?
but for me and at least a bunch of other people (i know some irl, but also on bl; there's one report in trip reports of someone doing massive amounts of both without feeling much at first, he ends up in hospital as the amphetamine stops working enabling the mdma to hit) these two drugs interact in a way that makes you feel less of both, just as you would expect with a sri/dri.
if your getting good stuff then you shouldnt have to do "massive" amounts to feel it.(depends on what your looking for; being in an interesting situation, or a comfortable one) You just have to be in tune with your self and understand your feelings. the base of every amphetamine high is increased heart rate. As your heart uses more energy physically, the chakra in your heart starts flaring up whith love energy which is a good source of positive energy. Mdma gives you a relatively (everything is relative) low frequency (mostly body, some subconscious mental stimulation) high in your body and feelings and ego which is caused by increased serotonin flow to the brain. The pineal gland regulates melatonin and serotonin in your brain. Melotonin (sleepy time:|) is derived from serotonin (8() so my theory is the higher you are on mdma (more serotonin floating around) the easier it is to fall asleep. The pineal gland being the physical representation of your third eye, (Do the chemicals in your brain create your thoughts, or do the thoughts create the chemicals?) starts producing more serotonin when you are active and in a bright environment, your pupils dilate to let in even more light but if you sit down or close your eyes for too long molly will put you right to bed. If you can maintain consciousness with this sleepy and dream like state meditation can be very fun and even slightly enlightening (listen to how you feel). meth gives you more of a high frequency brain high. The increase in conversation, imagination, and understanding comes from more dopamine. This increase in mental activity is usually coincided with an increase in physical activity which keeps you from turning all your serotonin into melatonin. If your mixing the two ime mdma slightly dilutes meth. The more low frequency ( imagine the visible spectrum, anything lower frequency than red is infrared, then orange, then yellow) energy in your body the harder it is too concentrate on higher frequencies ( The color of the highest visible frequency to humans is violet, below that indigo, then blue). in between the hot (red, orange, yellow) and the cold (blue, indigo, violet) is green, which is neutral to the hot and cold scale, it is in the perfect center of the spectrum. (hot and cold are examples)

IME when I dose MDMA with a stimulant such as methamphetamine (at a low dose) it just increases the euphoria slightly and provides a more jarring stimulant kick..." "...I'd stray away from the blow.
taking mdma/mda after being on meth for a night (or two) will stimulate your mind and make you more talkative for a while, and you can take very small doses and still feel it. As i said earlier mdma/mda makes your body and subconscious at ease and allows it to rest so that can be helpful after being on meth for a while (which can be stressfull) i also find that mdma/mda makes me feel slightly nauseous sometimes but i can usually hold myself together.(no nausea from meth) Stay away from the blow!? Cocaine is literally the best waste of time and money ever, it doesnt even get you high. Sure it smells great and you can feel your heart going and your face is numb but it just stresses out your body and ego. cocaine/crack werent created to get high they were created to make money. but blow is really fun when your drunk.

diloadid <3

The methamphetamine in the MDMA plus methamphetamine combination will make you chattier, perhaps less emphathic, and well, just overall geekier, but it's great for dancing all night and dancing very well, at that.

Methylenedioxymethamphetamine contains no methamphetamine they are completely different chemicals both in the amphetamine class unless your buying mdma thats cut with meth

The methamphetamine in the MDMA plus methamphetamine combination will make you chattier, perhaps less emphathic, and well, just overall geekier, but it's great for dancing all night and dancing very well, at that.

This exactly. I did it this weekend and it describes it perfectly. I don't feel as loved up as usual, just a great, consistent mood and loads of energy.

i find if i rack a decent line about an hour/hour and a half before i drop i'll end up being better then if i didnt have any speed. Speed for me isn't felt for long at all but like most drug combo's they can make less feel like more. People say that you don't feel as much euphoria when you mix the 2 but for me euphoria comes from being speedy and having a dance which i find rarely happens on just mdma, although this could just be from me being an anxious person and not wanting to dance as i feel like everyone's looking at me (especially when i'm beaming)

at the end of the day if you are going to mix the 2 definitely have the speed ~2 hours before you drop and you'll have a great roll

Methylenedioxymethamphetamine contains no methamphetamine they are completely different chemicals both in the amphetamine class unless your buying mdma thats cut with meth

Read what my posts actually says again. Repeat if necessary.

After using MDMA 25-30 times in the past 6 years, I have a hard time taking MDMA alone. I always add a stimulant about 2 hours prior to dropping the MDMA otherwise, MDMA alone turns me into mush. When I first started taking MDMA, by itself it was great. But now these days, I prefer to combine an amphetamine with MDMA. 4-FA is my favorite following by pure d-amp. I choose not to use meth as it lasts much longer than the roll and causes a much worse come down than 4-FA or d-amp. I do 30mg d-amp or 80mg of 4-FA. highly recommend. The 4-FA combo is actually still great for at-home sessions because it doesn't geek me out but gives me a bit more energy and mental clarity. with d-amp, I got to be out and about haha.