• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Robitussin?

Metalamps

Greenlighter
So a friend of mine was thinking of taking MDMA later. She is sick with a cold and she got up at around 5am and took the medicine without thinking. She took about two tea spoons and a little. It has dextromethorphan hydrobromide. Could she still take MDMA and be okay? If so how long should she wait? Thank you!

Dxm and mdma is a No No. I'm not sure about how long between the drugs would actually be problematic...with that being said..it's no fun rolling when your sick...sober night for your friend?

Yeah. We know dxm and m are a no no. She just kind of messed up. Thank you. :) we are looking for times though. I also forgot to mention for anyone else that each tsp is about 15mg each. She's also not that sick, she just woke up at 5am angry cause of her throat.

I'm going to assume that, considering your friend took it as a medicine, they have only consumed a therapeutic dose. The half-life is pretty short, 4 hours according to erowid, so if she took it this morning at 5AM and is not planning to roll up until say 10-11PM, the drug should be completely gone. Most noted cases of Serotonin Syndrome have usually been recreational doses of DXM taken very near the MDMA/MOAI/SSRI. Nevertheless, this is a risky combination.

However, as long as the dose taken was only therapeutic and that the distance apart from MDMA should be around 15 hours, she would probably be ok.

Okay, if she can't roll at 10pm, would she be okay at around 2-3pm or do you think this is dangerous? And yes she took the therapeutic dose.

The half-life is approximately 4 hours. So, she took roughly 15mg at 5AM. The hypothetical breakdown would be: 7.5mg will still be active by 9AM. 3.25mg will still be active by 1PM. 1.62mg by 5PM. 81ug by 9PM. Hence why I said that by 10-11PM the drug should be completely gone (or extremely near to gone).

I didn't say she couldn't roll at 10 PM - the longer between the two the safer it will be.

Well, it's always better to play it safe. Chances are she'd be ok though.

Honestly, she's also small and apparently this m is strong so I don't know man. I just saw a thread where someone said "I would never take more than 110mg of dxm with MDMA"
That means they've done it. We will figure it out later. All I know is about 7.5mg will be there when she wants to drop.

I know you're just a stranger on the internet but I'm putting a lot of trust in you on this. So say she rolls at 2. That means she has about 7,5mg of dxm in her, she's a little over 100 pounds, and she has 2 caps. What I was thinking is splitting one cap in half and seeing where that goes? And then if she's safe taking the other half and so on. Do you think this would be safe. Thank you for everything by the way you've been extremely helpful. Sorry she just wants to make sure so she can make a sound decision. Thank you for everything. You've been extremely helpful! :)

I'm not sure. But I can find out for you later. Like in an hour or two, the guy who knows is asleep, would that be okay? Thank you by the way.

Oh nevermind I got it. He said 0.1
So here is a rundown of what we know:
She took about 30mg of dxm for a cough at 5am
She wants to roll at around 2-3pm. Considering the half life of dxm she would have around 7.5mg (or 0.0075g) of dxm in her.
The MDMA caps are 0.1g (or 100mg) and she has two caps (she's not even sure if she was going to take both in the first place)
She is on the smaller side, a little over 100 pounds, about 5'3''.
She has done m 3-4 times approx. if not more. So she's not inexperienced totally.
:) thanks everyone

Last edited:
I know you probably have better things to do and I seem pushy. But just in case I answered your question on here. :)

I know you're just a stranger on the internet but I'm putting a lot of trust in you on this. So say she rolls at 2. That means she has about 7,5mg of dxm in her, she's a little over 100 pounds, and she has 2 caps. What I was thinking is splitting one cap in half and seeing where that goes? And then if she's safe taking the other half and so on. Do you think this would be safe. Thank you for everything by the way you've been extremely helpful. Sorry she just wants to make sure so she can make a sound decision. Thank you for everything. You've been extremely helpful! :)

Well it's ultimately your decision, I'm just providing the metabolic details of DXM and my judgement. There's always a risk with DXM & MDMA, but it's usually recreational doses of DXM taken very near MDMA, so, I don't think it would be as dangerous. Providing the dose of DXM is low and the distance between the two is far.

I think 200mg MDMA would be overkill for her. Less can be more.
If I were her I wouldn't take 200mg; I'd be trying for 120-160mg.