• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and pain+psychiatric meds interactions?

Psykoton

Bluelighter
Hello everyone!

I am taking a bunch of medicines daily after a car crash. I'm sort of okay now, going to university even =) but still take pain and other meds. I have searched everywhere for interactions with MDMA but only seem to find antidepressants. I take;

Temgesic (buprenorphine)
Wellbutrin
Mirtazapine
Alprazolam
Promethazine
Zopiclone
Diclofenac and paracetamol as adjuvants.

Does this mean I cant take MDMA at all or should I dare take a small test dose? I guess I can take a break with the antidepressants a week or so, but the opioid is harder.

Can you guys help me with some advice? Anyone with the same problem?

Thanks!

You should be alright but I'd use only a low dose until you know for sure.
Of course this is only from personal experience an research but I'd say wellbutrin is the only one I think could have any real interaction as far as increasing the effect of the mdma as well as the mdma increasing effects of wellbutrin. So again I'd say use a small dose of mdma.
Of course buprenorphine, alprazolam, mirtazipine, promethazine can decrease the effects of mdma so it's tricky an you just gotta be safe by using small dose an going from there.

You should be alright but I'd use only a low dose until you know for sure.
Of course this is only from personal experience an research but I'd say wellbutrin is the only one I think could have any real interaction as far as increasing the effect of the mdma as well as the mdma increasing effects of wellbutrin. So again I'd say use a small dose of mdma.
Of course buprenorphine, alprazolam, mirtazipine, promethazine can decrease the effects of mdma so it's tricky an you just gotta be safe by using small dose an going from there.

Thanks WitchDr for your help, I really appreciate it! I didn't think of that Wellbutrin is a substituted cathinone, might be wise to cut off antidepressants a couple of days before a "test", mirtazapine too and try to take as little pain a nd anxiety meds as possible!

How much is considered to be a low, safe dose really? 1/8 of a pill is my plan =)

Ya i think an eighth is fine, it's tough bc you wanna feel it but also be safe. It's your first time though no rush plenty of opportunities to always do more.
An cutting out wellbutrin for a day won't be a big deal in my experience. But at such a low dose I'm sure you'll be alright even with the medications

Whoa whoa that is a really big list

Wait for another opinion because this is screaming SEROTONIN SYNDROME at me

I am 99 percent sure an SSRI and MDMA alone may cause SS

It is a potentially deadly condition

The biggest thing is the mirtazipine, that will block the MDMA. The Wellbutrin May slightly.. The other drugs will very slightly.

Pretty much every drug your on either dulls or blocks MDMA to some extent. I’d highly caution taking it personally.

-GC

Ya i think an eighth is fine, it's tough bc you wanna feel it but also be safe. It's your first time though no rush plenty of opportunities to always do more.
An cutting out wellbutrin for a day won't be a big deal in my experience. But at such a low dose I'm sure you'll be alright even with the medications
Whoa whoa that is a really big list

Wait for another opinion because this is screaming SEROTONIN SYNDROME at me

I am 99 percent sure an SSRI and MDMA alone may cause SS

It is a potentially deadly condition
The biggest thing is the mirtazipine, that will block the MDMA. The Wellbutrin May slightly.. The other drugs will very slightly.

Pretty much every drug your on either dulls or blocks MDMA to some extent. I’d highly caution taking it personally.

-GC

WitchDr, LadyAlkaline and G_Chem, thanks for your help!

I think I have made up my mind. 10 years ago I would have tried an eight or so, now I guess the best thing to do is wait with ..complex recreational drugs like MDMA -and alcohol as well, until I am off that list of medications. I'll have to live on my memories from pre-crash rolls ;)

You helped me make up my mind for the better, thanks a lot <3

I think I have made up my mind. 10 years ago I would have tried an eight or so, now I guess the best thing to do is wait with ..complex recreational drugs like MDMA -and alcohol as well, until I am off that list of medications. I'll have to live on my memories from pre-crash rolls ;)

No problem 😊 I'm glad we could help!

This is probably for the best, MDMA and SSRI/SRI is a dangerous combo, as stated previously. Additionally a lot of those other meds would dull the experience without putting you in danger necessarily.