• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and memory

xammy

Bluelighter
So i was thinking if taking mdma (120mg) would affect memory negatively?

My friends birthday is coming and it would be ideal to take mdma next weekend but im little worried because i have this exam 2 days after the birthday, monday.

Would it make my memory work worse if i take mdma on saturday? Last time i took mdma was almost 3 months ago.

Thanks

While you're on MDMA, your short-term memory is likely to be less. 2 days post-MDMA you should be ok. It depends how the comedown affects you personally. If you feel like you recover quickly from MDMA and do not experience tuesday blues or anything like that, then you should be fine two days later. I know that, at least for me, I just need one day immediately post MDMA to recover. I tend to consume about 150-200mg of MDMA per session, so not much more than you plan on taking.

All-in-all, I'd say it'd be unlikely that 120mg of MDMA would, realistically, alter your memory two days later.

I feel little retarded and slow the next day, but usually I feel normal after two days. I was at work the next day after taking MDMA once and my day have never went so quickly haha.

Maybe I will do it, I just read like a motherfucker this week because I think its going to be pretty hard to read effectively on sunday. But it doesnt even really help that much to read on the last day. I'll take Vitamin C, Multivitamin tablets, fish oil and CoQ10 - think these supplements will be enough if even needed? Also 100-200mg 5-HTP on sunday.

I also just ordered Alpha Lipoic Acid.

Alpha-lipoic acid prevents 3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA)-induced neurotoxicity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10619665

Last edited:
I feel little retarded and slow the next day, but usually I feel normal after two days. I was at work the next day after taking MDMA once and my day have never went so quickly haha.

Maybe I will do it, I just read like a motherfucker this week because I think its going to be pretty hard to read effectively on sunday. But it doesnt even really help that much to read on the last day. I'll take Vitamin C, Multivitamin tablets, fish oil and CoQ10 - think these supplements will be enough if even needed? Also 100-200mg 5-HTP on sunday.

I also just ordered Alpha Lipoic Acid.

Alpha-lipoic acid prevents 3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA)-induced neurotoxicity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10619665

Good find on the study. Don't forget that they gave the rats a 20mg/kg dose of MDMA - a MONSTROUS dose! I weigh 80kg, so that would be like me taking 1.6 grams in a single dose. Even with such a high dose, they managed to stop the neurotoxicity, so I wouldn't be overly worried about your plans on consuming 120mg.

Perhaps more important is whether you consider missing out on studying time worth the party time?

Yeah, I wouldnt be studying that saturday anyway so I think I'll go for it :)

If this exam is important for you, I'd recommend not to use any drugs.
Maybe it's overprotective but it's the truth and you know it :)

Yeah, its not the end of the world if I fail this exam. Its not an entrance exam or anything.

Would be fucked up tho if this would be the time I get my first real comedown from MDMA haha.

Hahaha yeah I thought the same don't want to bring any misfortune :)

I can only suggest, go workout the next day of roll. It speeds up the recovery and run a lot, sweat a lot :)

The comedown coupled with being tired can sure leave your brain a bit scattered for a few days.
I don't really like doing MDMA on a saturday since I have 8am labs monday tuesday (I do anyway because all the raves are on saturdays for some reason :( )

Of course cognitive function is going to be diminished post rolling.
You know that otherwise you wouldn't be asking.
Don't roll and expect to do a good exam.

Of course cognitive function is going to be diminished post rolling.
You know that otherwise you wouldn't be asking.
Don't roll and expect to do a good exam.

What makes you so certain? I usually feel a little scrambled the next day, but after that I'm cognitively functioning at 100%.

What makes you so certain? I usually feel a little scrambled the next day, but after that I'm cognitively functioning at 100%.
I doubt it. But okay the only way you can prove it one way or another would be to do a series of before and after tests on a relatively large sample.
I have worked on the day after, but have found it makes huge demands in terms of concentration and that inspiration is lacking.

One more question. What if I throw some LSD in there? I have been waiting to candyflip for so long. I know, this isnt the best time for that. I can imagine how one would feel pretty drained after candyflipping. Any experiences?

I doubt it. But okay the only way you can prove it one way or another would be to do a series of before and after tests on a relatively large sample.
I have worked on the day after, but have found it makes huge demands in terms of concentration and that inspiration is lacking.

I don't mean the day after - that's definitely a write off day in bed! But after that day's recovery, I'm usually back to me. But I take doses that rarely exceed 250mg across an evening.

So everything went good so far, I feel super good today. I ended up taking total 180mg of MDMA (120+60) yesternight with multiple supplements. Time will tell how the exam goes tomorrow but at the moment, definitely afterglow.

I aced the exam, what a stress relief! There was nothing wrong with my memory :)

Next time MDMA maybe in June at the earliest, definitely going for 140-150mg starter dose then. I want a "rush" or intense comeup, 120mg came up so slowly last time and I started to feel super good only after I took the 60mg redose.

I aced the exam, what a stress relief! There was nothing wrong with my memory :)

Next time MDMA maybe in June at the earliest, definitely going for 140-150mg starter dose then. I want a "rush" or intense comeup, 120mg came up so slowly last time and I started to feel super good only after I took the 60mg redose.

Glad it all went well!