• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and drug question

user1231

Greenlighter
I am planning on using MDMA this weekend, not so much, just 100mg and thats all. I currently take Diltiazem(once a day) 240mg and Clonidine(twice a day) .1mg for hypertension. My hypertension isn't the worst. With these medications I have a resting BP of about 130s/80s and a HR of 70-80. I am wondering if it is safe to take the MDMA this weekend. I read a study that stated clonidine may actually help reduce the norepinephrine related spike in BP a little bit, but i couldnt find anything on the internet relating to Diltiazem and MDMA. I imagine that since Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker, there shouldnt be much of an interference, but still not sure.

Would it make sense to take an extra half dose of clonidine in the event that i start to feel uncomfortable??

Any advise is appreciated! Thanks!

i wouldnt take your medice for at least 24 hours before you roll... just to be caucious. you never know what could go wrong.

Ok check out this report: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=69357

And it sort of makes sense. I'm pretty sure 5ht2a is involved in Ca+ and if you're using a calcium channel blocker while MDMA is dumping calcium into it, there might be a chance for damage to occur.

Evidence of this is seen in increased Ca levels in blood after consuming MDMA, which points to its release of calcium. Again sounds like these meds would directly interfere.

So my instinct tells me that dilitazem and mdma combo is not safe.

i wouldnt take your medice for at least 24 hours before you roll... just to be caucious. you never know what could go wrong.

stopping the antihypertensive medication together with taking mdma is probably going to send the the blood pressure of the op through the roof.

Yeah this combo doesn't sound safe and you should never stop a blood pressure med abruptly.

Just a week ago I ran out of diltiazem and was forced to stop taking it because I ran out of the med. in order to combat a possible increase in bp, I took .15 mg of clonidine instead of my normal .1 dose. Could It make sense to stop the diltiazem, take the extra clonidine, and then call it safe to use the MDMA?

Not in the slightest. Don't mess with your blood pressure medications without a doctor having a hand in it, a hypertensive crisis can kill you at the worst and at best will leave you with a migraine that makes you wish you were dead.