Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA after benzo withdrawal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximilian666

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I've been through a pretty bad time withdrawing from valium which I took for about a year and it's taken me around 5 months to start to feel like myself again. I have minor remaining symptoms like a bit of anxiety but nothing serious. My question is, has anyone had any experience of withdrawing from benzos and have you been able to take MDMA and have a good time?

I'm worried that it might mess up my withdrawal or rev up symptoms...

Thanks

This is a really bad idea. I wouldn't touch MDMA for at least a year after coming off of benzos, maybe even longer. While it doesn't affect the GABAergic system, MDMA causes rebound anxiety when it wears off.

I would also imagine the stimulant properties of MDMA could also trigger a seizure if the withdrawal is strong enough

Thanks for your replies, I will hold off taking MDMA for another 6 months then :) I have a bit of a problem though, I'm going camping at the weekend and everyone will be on MDMA, but as I can't have that, beers or any stimulants, is there anything I could take? I have some codeine phosphate, would that cause any problems? I just don't wanna go camping sober lol

^ gonna close this thread up since it's being derailed into a "what should I take?" Thread. I'll say this though something like 1 mg clonazepam won't be enough to kill a roll but should hold the withdrawal back.. if u choose to roll with a low dose benzo to kill the withdrawal whatever benzo u decide to use don't use xanax.. ive tried xanax and clonazepam and xanax killed it for me although clonazepam really didn't. One scary thing that did happen though once when I took 2 mg clonazepam with MDMA is that I smoked a bowl of dank with some hash and for about 30 mins afterward I was trying to figure out where I was and who the people were that I was with (including the girlfriend at the time I had been with for 3 years 8o) not sure what caused that as I've smoked weed plenty of times rolling my guess is the clonazepam mixed in with the hash and MDMA caused that.

Status
Not open for further replies.